Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
dash ac hot water valve

It appears that the hot water (coolant) to the radiator in my dash air doesn't shut off. I plan to check the vacume hoses connected to the control panel above the radio; but where do I gain access to the coolant valve? From the generator compartment? Has anyone done it? I'm open to suggestions before I tear into it next Tuesday. If I find a bad valve; any suggestions on a source? Thanks in advance, Matt

zinom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #2

1) probably a small vacuum hose connection on the back of the Ford AC/heat selector switch; those are known to be remarkably loose
2) I'm guessing but valve is also likely a vacuum operated gizmo. I've seen the like under the dash, PS, attached to the black plastic ACME A/C fan shroud. If you take the plastic panels off for Vansco & the one to the left of the Vansco you should have a clear view of the PS of the fan shroud. Start there (after #1) checking vacuum connections to the vacuum pots.
3) open gen slide & check center, above lower line of windshield cap & you'll see the outside A/C shroud; might be more vacuum pots there

Old 06-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
thanks mike

It sounds like the answer is "all of the above" for access. It should be fun with my mid door. I'll fill you later in the week and let you know how it went. It will be tuesday before I can get to it.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
To any of you who may run into a similar problem; I found:
The hot water hoses are connected to an electric valve located outside,above the brake fluid fill/cover. It is connected by wire to the "ford" control panel. (a loose electrical connector at the panel may have been my problem). It may also be connected by vacum hose (blue?) to the "mode" switch. I found the white hose from the mode switch to the vacume electric switch was severly crimpted where Western crammed the hose harness against the firewall. It will be several days before I can give it a smoke test while driving, but parked in the boonies all appears to be working properly. The Vacum schemativ on the aca website was a big help.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:59 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
I had the same symptoms. AFTER ordering and receiving a replacement "H" valve assembly I learned that the screws holding the electric actuator to the valve were too short, so the assembly came partially apart and the drive pinion didn't fully engage. All I needed was longer screws. I understand that Ace Radiator is no longer in business; if you do need a replacement you can have my used assembly!
F&D ABQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
The short screws could also be a contributing problem;so I'll check that too,although it seems to be working now that I reseated the plug.
Thanks, Matt