Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:43 PM   #15
Alpine Owners Club

The LED you are looking for is (hopefully) green. If it's red, there is a problem. The code is written on the outside of the casing.

The unit was actually pretty hard to find. It was really tucked up into the framework and well hidden. I found mine exactly in the middle, between the rails, hanging from the ceiling above the inverter. The picture Mike mentioned is the same as mine.

You might also do some research on the new batteries. There are numerous threads on the pros and cons of each. I've found that the extra cost and performance of the AGMs easily paid for the price increase over the flooded cells (based on only 9 years and two coaches). The extra capacity and assurance are pure gravy. For AGMs try Lifeline (Azusa area) or Sears, for flooded cell try Interstate or Sears. I only mention Sears because they have a good price and unbeatable warranty. With our fleet of trucks, it has worked out VERY well, and they are fast. Their AGMs for my chassis work well. I have Lifelines for the house.

2003 Alpine 40FDTS (400HP)
Long Beach, CA
takepride is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2008, 01:07 AM   #16
Can anyone point me to the Echo-Charger location on a 1999 36SDS?

Bob (Squidly Down Under) & Peg - 2013 Ford Focus pushing a 2011 Phoenix Cruiser 2552S
"In God we trust" to preserve our country and bring our Troops safely home.
Carry on, regardless..................
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:16 AM   #17
Alpine Owners Club

Takepride's comment about AGM batteries made me think that, if you do go with a different type of battery, you should check the battery charger settings of your Inverter. The Xantrex Inverter needs to be "setup" for any switch in battery type (you, the user can do this with the Inverter instruction manual).

Mike and Mike (Michele)

2004 Alpine 34 FDDS
Mike & Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:21 AM   #18
Mike and Mike- DO NOT depend on the WRV battery auto-fill system. I did, and ended up having to replace all 6 house batteries on my dime. Not cheap. The fill caps are junk. My service/ repair guy said the water was not getting to all the batteries all the time even though observing the water return at the bottle indicated all were full. He strongly recommended replacing the cap set up with a Flow-Rite set-up, and tying it into the WRV fill pump and bottle. I did it and so far all seems well.
Rick Coleman
'05 Alpine 36MDDS
Rick Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:26 PM   #19
Alpine Owners Club

Thanks for that tip. I'll check the water level as soon as I get back to the house!

Mike and Mike (Michele)

2004 Alpine 34 FDDS
Mike & Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #20
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rmmpe:
Can anyone point me to the Echo-Charger location on a 1999 36SDS? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The echo-Charger was located with the inverter in our 2000.

Bigsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:03 PM   #21
Same location...with the inverter, in my 01.
'01 Alpine 36 FDDS
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:54 PM   #22
Our 1999( like yours) has the Echo-Charger located on the inboard side of the Inverter cabinet.

Dave & Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote