Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:20 AM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
wmurdock,
we had a similar event when attempting to start our 04 36 fds to leave last year's Desert Rat Rally. after dry camping for a few days when i turned the ignition switch to start the engine absolutely nothing happened. after fumbling around for a couple of minutes, i hit the crossover swith, heard a click in the front end and the engine started. has happened the same a couple of times since. have yu solved your problem if so, how? thank you and good luck,
does anyone know off hand if Vansco is used in other motor homes? if so what brands?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2011, 12:44 PM   #16

Dick- I believe Tiffin is using Vansco, though a subsequent design, in their 'Bus.'
WRV got the basic bones of the VMM 2820 setup off Vansco's stock built software design for MCI buses, and made some software mods to adapt for the moho needs.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:31 AM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
FWIW - Winnabego is also using the newest system in their motorhomes. I don't know if it's Vansco's or another brand.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Dick, thanks for the idea but my problem is with the multiplex system as opposed to the batteries. What you have sounds like just a low charge on the coach batteries since it will start with the help of the house batteries when you hit the switch. I currently have my PDM back with Parker (Vansco) and I'm hoping that it is the problem and that they are able to fix it, if not my next step will be to try to bypass it (the PDM) with fuse blocks to see if I can power up each of it's outputs that way. I will post how things turn out in the end but regardless of the results you will probably see another Alpine on used coach market soon.
wmurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Final result, my Dead coach lives again ! It turned out that I did have a defective PDM and I was able to get one from JCA Electronics in Manitoba ($750.00 for the unit) I have already installed it and it solved my problem. I wanted to again thank everyone that posted suggestions on what I should check and try to get my issue resolved. For those of you that may run into similar problems in he future I wanted to supply some of the names and suppliers I came up in my quest to get my coach fixed.

Randy Kehler (randy.kehler@parker.com) Parker now owns Vansco and they are who I sent my unit to for testing
John Anderson (jca@jcaelectronics.ca) JCA Electronics supplied the replacement PDM
Mike - has an Ebay store "RV-Trader" and is located in Eastern Wa, he bought up alot of WRV's parts when they closed their doors and should be a great souce for some parts. He does have some multiplexers and I purchased a dash monitor from him. He told me that he has alot more parts than what you see listed in his Ebay store so you should contact him even if you don;t see it there

I also tracked down some actual wiring diagrams for the PDM itself and would be happy to supply the PDF's I have of those (if someone will tell me who to send them to or how to post them)

I am also somewhat sad to say that this is it for me on the Alpine owners board, this was the final straw in a long and somewhat troubled relationship with my coach. I loved all the things we all love about our Alpine's but I am no longer willing to deal with these kind of issues where the primary method of solving problems involves requesting ideas and tracking down parts over the internet. We have just traded our Alpine in and currently have a 40' Tiffin Phaeton on order.

I'm sure I will see some of you on the Tiffins board from time to time, thanks again !
Old 02-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
Bill good luck with the new coach. Please remember these things are earthquakes going down the road and so stuff can fail in any brand. Understand about the Alpine though, if it catches fire, I have told my neighbors not to call the fire department for at least 20 minutes after we come flying out of it.

And one fellow forgot to set his brake and it rolled into the Mississippi river and the Coast Guard River patrol had to be called and notified of a navigation hazard, and I don't know if it was an alpine or not. That jem was reported in the RV Travel Newsletter for this week.

Currently, we have two slides which won't extend from the silverleaf panel/tv and a fresh water tank sensor which is either failing or needs to have its programing fixed, S/L is aware of the problem and will fix it under warranty this coming spring when we are through there.

I am still working on the slide thing with HWH, but since they work from the outside panel, I can get them to go out/in, just not from the S/L system. Already checked fuzes, they are all good or fixed, now it's check some relays under the house. DYI project for sure. Oh the genset has never reported it's rpm/temp/hours correctly/output voltage, and those items through the silverlear either, S/L think it's a bad connector or WRV never ran the wires or the SR102 unit has never been programed for them, I have checked the connections as best as I can and they are good.

If I ever get this thing fixed so everything is working, I am going to sell it to the first chump I can find, it's about to cause a divorce and I am tired of definding the poor quality to the BH. We found a 2007 Monaco Dynasty 4 slide 42' with 50K miles over two blocks for 160K. I was tempted to ask him to trade, but he wants out becuase of three houses.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Old Rv'er

Thanks for the thoughts, believe me I understand things are prone to break on Rv's, unfortunately I ended up with one that was more prone than most. In fact I think I probably have the record with my Alpine as I doubt any other owners can say they had an engine blow at the 10k mile mark, oh and then there were the three radiators, wrong bolts in the rear suspension, switches never wired in, etc. etc. etc. You can believe me when I tell you that there were more than a few occasions when I was looking for a gas can and matches. Needless to say I am giving up hoping that I have finally gotten all the bugs out and getting out while everything seems to be working. Stay safe and keep it between the ditches.

Bill