Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:43 PM   #15
Good luck to you. I am a new Alpine owner and have been following your predicament intently in the event I ever find myself in a similar situation. It seems that the majority of problems in most coaches are electrical in origin and the most perplexing to diagnose. I look forward to hearing the outcome from your visit with Cummins.

Mocha Latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2016, 07:31 AM   #16
Alpine Owners Club
Originally Posted by tjshively View Post
THE COACH IS RUNNING --- BUT, I spent 4 hours cleaning all the grounds I could find but I am sure that was not to problem as they all looked good and tested good with a needle point continuity tester – but I cleaned them all anyway. I have 4 Vansco VMM's, two that were on the coach when it was new and two WRV sent me on a recall. I never sent the original two back because they would not send me a prepaid UPS sticker. So I started changing them around, old one in the back, new one in the front, etc., etc., etc. Finally I got the coach started. Oh! Yeah, The 4 fuses in the battery compartment have no power to them until the ignition get turned to start (maybe run also), but they have no power to them with the ignition off. But, yes BUT, and a big but. The coach started BUT No Gen Slide Out, No HWH and maybe other things, but the engine ran. So I started changing the Vansco around again and again and finally, with a different combination, I got the Gen Slide Out and the HWH to work. But another BUT. With this combination of VMM’s the engine will not start. So now, I can run but when I need fuel I will have to change the VMM’s to the GEN/HWH RUN configuration and after topping off the fuel I will have to change back to ENGINE RUN CONFIGURATION. One of the other VMM’s does nothing, absolution nothing – no led lights at all. It was an original and worked perfect when I removed it due to the recall – now, after just setting in a box it does nothing. Should I ask why? So I am going over to Tampa, FL to Cummins Coach Care and see if they can figure it out – if it keeps running. The thing I cannot figure out is it “The Horse of The Cart”. I mean if a coach part caused the VMM’s to flash (or fail) then why when I change it for a different VMM do the same LED’s not flash and different things work – or – is the VMM the culprit and causing the coach to fail. It’s been a real experience and I don’t wish it on anyone else. BUT it’s not over – on to Cummins Coach Care. Thanks to everyone who helped, I will post the results from Cummins. Thanks again. TJ

What was the final outcome?

Dave, Bobbi and Fenway
2005 38' FDTS Alpine Limited, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Cape Cod, MA
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 01:47 PM   #17
Alpine Owners Club
You know, I thought I posted the final outcome but I can't find it so maybe I didn't.
Here it is. I purchased two new Vansco VMM 2820 boxes from Vansco Electronics
1305 Clarence Ave. Winnipeg MB R3T 1T4 Canada
Tel: 204.452.6776 Fax: 204.478.1749 http://www.vansco.ca info@vansco.ca
http://www.parker.com/portal/site/PA...t&vgnextfmt=EN for $2,760 US. Plus about $350 to FedEx for overnight delivery which took 7 days. That’s another story. I had to create an account with FedEx and fill out import documents and other things because Vansco / Parker would not ship using their account. Anyway, I programed the new VMM’s and replaced one at a time and wammooo! It all worked. So now I have one new VMM in the rear and one old VMM in the front and one new (programed) VMM in a box stored in below. So, I guess the one was just bad. Why, I don’t know. I hope no one else has to go through this. Good Luck.
TJ Shively
tjshively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:35 AM   #18
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Threads like this make me think it would be a good idea to measure things when they are working so you know what is missing when things go south. Most of us don't do that though.
barmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:22 PM   #19
Alpine Owners Club
You've got that right. Everyone with Vansco Multiplexers (VMM) should have a plan of what to do if one or both VMM's go bad. It can be a nightmare. The question is: Do you want to spend $1000 for a spare VMM?
tjshively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:32 PM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
Well that was some nightmare of a story. How did you like the Tampa Cummins care place? Now I wonder if I have any of these modules on my Freightliner build.

La Dagobago
99 36 FL Winne Chieftain 5.9 ISB Turbo Cummins DP, 24' box with 1972 V12 XKE Jag and HD Sporty Hobby of 1970's Suzuki dirt bike restoration. Visit my blog.
ladagobago is online now   Reply With Quote