Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-03-2005, 07:35 PM   #1

My first post was edited by the Moderator and not complete. The PROBLEM with the NEW Telesteps Ladder is not collapse. Regal Aluminum Products redesigned the old ladder and added wider steps. They had to add screws to hold them on. Did they add the LARGE headed screws on the front, or the sides? NO, they added them on the bottom side which lays against the RV and scratches and gouges the paint. Regal says it should be common sense that you would put padding between the ladder and the RV, although Regal admits there is nothing in the instructions stating padding is needed. They refuse to do anything about it and Camping World won't either, yet if you look at the picture in any of the last 5 years of the Master Camping world catalog, it shows the Telesteps Ladder with a user on the ladder leaning against the RV with NO padding between the RV and on the top rung!! USERS BEWARE IF YOU HAVE THE NEW REDESIGNED LADDER!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2005, 07:35 PM   #2

My first post was edited by the Moderator and not complete. The PROBLEM with the NEW Telesteps Ladder is not collapse. Regal Aluminum Products redesigned the old ladder and added wider steps. They had to add screws to hold them on. Did they add the LARGE headed screws on the front, or the sides? NO, they added them on the bottom side which lays against the RV and scratches and gouges the paint. Regal says it should be common sense that you would put padding between the ladder and the RV, although Regal admits there is nothing in the instructions stating padding is needed. They refuse to do anything about it and Camping World won't either, yet if you look at the picture in any of the last 5 years of the Master Camping world catalog, it shows the Telesteps Ladder with a user on the ladder leaning against the RV with NO padding between the RV and on the top rung!! USERS BEWARE IF YOU HAVE THE NEW REDESIGNED LADDER!

Old 08-04-2005, 05:04 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Actually, your post wasn't edited by a moderator. If it was, the system places a statement in italics to that effect.

Now, is there a definite front side to this ladder? Do the bolts go all the way through? I have the older "pre-Regal" Telesteps ladder. They had the narrower rungs but you could flip the ladder around because there really was no front or back to it, being somewhat symetrical.

Are the new wider steps at an angle so that you can't flip it around? It sounds like they must have made quite a few changes to the original ladder - and not neccessarily for the good.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:59 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have the 'Extend and Climb' ladder and got it off E-Bay in Feburary. I looks the same as the 'Telesteps' ladder I saw at CW for nearly twice the price. Mine has black plastic caps at the top and I have leaned it against the RV with no problems.

As far as a front vs. back, I always assumed the release tabs needed to face the operator and always use it that way.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:06 AM   #5

I like smlranger have the Xtend & Climb 12-1/2' ladder that I got at H. Depot. I believe it was a $ 100.00. I have never had a problem and is probably the slickest ext ladder I have ever seen. It also was my deciding factor of keeping that hideous ladder off the back of the motor home which I think spoils all the lines of the rear of the coach.
Ted
2005 Alpine 34'
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 01:17 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
I have a 12-1/2 foot Telesteps ladder without protection for the screws (bought through Amazon, of all places.)
My fix was to put foam weatherstripping tape along the edge of each of the top three steps, on both sides.
BTW, why do you say the ladder is defective? Might as well say tree limbs are defective because they scratch the sides of the coach.

F&D ABQ is offline   Reply With Quote