RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-27-2018, 07:12 PM   #1

Desert Rat 2019--It's not too late!

We have had a great sign-up response from our membership for DRR2019. The January 2019 rally is shaping up to be one of our best attended rallies in several years. In fact, we are currently projecting to have over 65 coaches in the desert at Quartzsite. If you were on the fence about attending DRR and missed the Dec 21st deadline--it's not too late!!! We have plenty of room for you in the tent and would love to hear from you if you are still interested in attending. Just send our wagon masters an email [see attached registration form for addresses] and let them know you plan to join us at DRR. They will provide you with rally information and instructions on where to send your registration form and rally fees. Don't forget--guests are always welcome, so if you are travelling with friends, invite them to join us for a really great time in the desert.

Hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas and wish everyone safe travels and the best of new years in 2019.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf REGISTRATION FORM DRR 2019.pdf (936.0 KB, 24 views)

Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2018, 10:50 PM   #2

All;
This sounds like a great time.
The DW and I joined the ranks of Alpine owners back in May. We love our coach and currently are full time.
I would love to attend but have too much life in the way right now.
Look forward to next year.
Thanks

lazybyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 11:46 AM   #3

Just curious.......there is a thread in the forum about getting into certain BLM areas at Quartzsite this year during the Gvt. Shutdown............have you got any updates on how this could affect the DRR2019???
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 12:03 PM   #4

Don't see any issues with where we camp--don't know the exact terminology but we are in the 2-week extended area. The BLM rep who normally parks at the junction of HW95 and Plomosa Rd may not be there to collect fees but that's about it. Besides, like to think the "adults in the room" will get this resolved before Jan 17th.....
Old 12-29-2018, 12:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scout View Post
Don't see any issues with where we camp--don't know the exact terminology but we are in the 2-week extended area. The BLM rep who normally parks at the junction of HW95 and Plomosa Rd may not be there to collect fees but that's about it. Besides, like to think the "adults in the room" will get this resolved before Jan 17th.....
One can only hope

Hopefully I'll see everyone there
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 10:28 AM   #6

The camping area we use is wide open so we're good

We have more than 70 coaches registered at this point. The more the merrier, so if you are on the fence about coming- quit sitting on that barbed wire and get ahold of us for a reservation.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:43 PM   #7

Wife is too slowly recovering from surgery, so we cancelled, but I am considering a quick out-and-back to attend the tech sessions.

The target audience must vary widely. As a hands-on owner, can I expect much detail for my '07?
Old 01-11-2019, 05:56 AM   #8

Gen-turi

I thought I might mention to the new folks that might be attending Desert Rat for the first time, you are going to need a "Gen-turi" or equivalent. This is a generator exhaust redirection system that directs your generator exhaust straight up into the air, instead of directly on you neighbors patio area. I did not know this when I attended my first Desert rat, and made my neighbor miserable until I could solve the problem. Amazon has them for around $120.00 with 2 day shipping if you are a prime member, or you could hit your local camping world. A very small price to pay to keep everyone happy.
ALPINEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:06 AM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINEER View Post
I thought I might mention to the new folks that might be attending Desert Rat for the first time, you are going to need a "Gen-turi" or equivalent. This is a generator exhaust redirection system that directs your generator exhaust straight up into the air, instead of directly on you neighbors patio area. I did not know this when I attended my first Desert rat, and made my neighbor miserable until I could solve the problem. Amazon has them for around $120.00 with 2 day shipping if you are a prime member, or you could hit your local camping world. A very small price to pay to keep everyone happy.

If you are already on the way, there usually is a vendor or 2 at the show in Q that has them for sale. Then there always is Camping World.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:45 PM   #10

Thanks for the heads up on the Genturi.- Planned to buy or build one- never got a roundtuit. Ordered from Amazon today- will be here Sunday.
gmcgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:18 PM   #11

Really good idea to have a generator exhaust "diverter" for your stay in the desert. Newer coaches with Hydro-hot furnaces present a special challenge with two exhaust pipes to consider. Organization-wise, we don't have a policy on using exhaust diverters at DRR but as a courtesy to your neighbor, they are a good idea. However, the commercially available ones are a bit pricy for me--especially since I don't dry camp much. As a born-again DIYer, I used a couple links of PVC or you can use two pieces of downspout and a metal conduit elbow. The "trick" for a DIY project is to create a venturi effect at the elbow connection so cool air is drawn in to mix with the hot exhaust gases from the genset.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:04 AM   #12

Weather here in Quartzsite is beautiful. Tent went up yesterday afternoon, about 32 coaches +/- by sundown. Going to be a great rally!!