Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #1

DHS q surround speakers

I am looking to add 2 more speakers to my upgraded entertainment project and I would like to get the same make and model that match the originals.Does anyone know were I can purchase these? Or maybe someone has changed out their system and might want to sell their old ones? I'm swapping out the factory 37"ED for a 40" LED.I will add a new AV/ receiver and Blue Ray DVD. I am keeping the factory dhs amp and it will only be used for the dash radio/cd player and there is were I need to add 2 more speakers. Any help would be appreciated.

2003 34FDDS Alpine Banks 430hp #74869
Viola, Idaho 3rd Armored Cav & 3rd Infantry Division
tiredvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #2

Try Inovative Coach Works at 425 West 3rd Avenue, Junction City, OR 97448, 541-998-1504 or Toll Free 866-470-2523. They've done upgrade work on Alpine Coaches and might have some in a corner.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredvet View Post
I am looking to add 2 more speakers to my upgraded entertainment project and I would like to get the same make and model that match the originals.Does anyone know were I can purchase these? Or maybe someone has changed out their system and might want to sell their old ones? I'm swapping out the factory 37"ED for a 40" LED.I will add a new AV/ receiver and Blue Ray DVD. I am keeping the factory dhs amp and it will only be used for the dash radio/cd player and there is were I need to add 2 more speakers. Any help would be appreciated.
I am not using the speakers in my 2005 Alpine but I am not sure if they are the same as the ones in a 2003. If you post a picture and they are the same, I would be happy to send you two for the cost of postage.

Ken Tarkin
2005 34' FDDS
Old 10-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #4

Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	27898
This is what I have in our coach.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #5

Ken,

For what it is worth, I recently had to replace my Directv HD DVR at home, and got their latest and greatest HR24 model. At 9" deep it is about 2" less in depth than the old HR23 HD DVR, and would fit into your cabinet better if you are so inclined since you are making all the changes.

Be aware if you order one from Directv, you will likely get whatever model they happen to have on their truck and not necessarily the HR24. I got mine from an online website instead to ensure I got that model. And as always it is actually a "lease", not a buy, like everything with Directv.

The Panasonic speakers that came with my '04 coach look very similar to those speakers.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
If you can't find a used "original" speaker, you might try this source for new RV style speakers.

Magnadyne ls4b - 3 Inch Satellite Speaker Black

They have many different styles & quality speakers that are approximately the same size as your original. You need to make sure that the new speaker has the same "impedance" rating or it will be too loud or too quiet compared to the other originals. I haven't looked recently but you can probably get the impedance rating listed on the existing speaker.
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #7

Sorry, my speakers are different than yours.

Ken
2005 34' FDDS
Old 10-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #8

Ken I sent you a PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #9

Finished changing out the original entertainment set up. I tried to utilize the dhs amp but it was better to by-pass it.We elected to not install a satellite system because like at home we have over 500 choices and still have a hard time finding something worth viewing.We like to watch movies in our coach.We are connected to cable and have up graded the crank up antenna. Replacing the 37" plazma monitor with a 40" led samsung was fairly easy with less than 1/8" clearance on both sides of the cabinets.Other items installed are a sony blue-ray dvd player a sherwood AV receiver R-904N (smallest I could find)and a mono sub-woffer amp to run the original sub in the coach.The audio/video switch now serves no purpose other than the power for the dash radio/cd player.The prior owner installed a pioneer super tuner III which puts out 50 watts per channel and it really does not need any amplification.I moved the rear speakers up front for the dash radio/cd player and replaced them with better quality speakers. I would like to thank Ken T for donating his unused speakers for my project I used them for the rear dash radio speakers.When I was setting up the speakers through the AV receiver my front left speaker blew so I replaced it with the center speaker and I happen to have a unused center speaker to fill it's spot. I'll try and post some photos.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	29128   Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	269.4 KB
ID:	29129  

Name:	006.jpg