Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #1

Differences between 2004-2007's

Hello -

After years of towing my race car trailer around in a beatup Ford conversion motorhome, I've finally decided to step up to a real motorhome. From what I can tell, the Alpine Coaches make great trailer towing coaches. What I can't tell, and I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find anywhere in all the searches I've done including this forum, is what are the main differences between 2004 up through 2007's?

I looks like the only main difference I can find is in 2006 they added a different engine monitoring system?

Any input would be helpfull. I'm not worried about the luxury on the inside. I'm after a durable tow vehicle. I'd love to find a 34' if anyone knows of one for sale.

Any other brands I should consider? It's hard to find a smaller coach with a 400HP+ motor.

Thanks,

Michael
speedsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #2

I am sure others will chime in, but why don't you take a look at the WRV Brochures in the Tech Library (sticky at top of page). Here it is:

Alpine Coach - Technical Information
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #3

In 2004 they switched to multiplexed chassis wiring, but the gauges & idiot lights remained on a signal converter (still serviced by Medallion, tho the gauges are no longer serviced). In 2005 they converted the gauge & light cluster to Actia brand, which is still serviced. In 2006 they started offering "Silverleaf" brand engine/trans monitor package as an option, some coaches are not so equipped, and there may be some 05's w/this. Also in 06 they offered an "Apex" model that has many features controlled by an expanded Silverleaf brand electronics package (water fill, slide operation, etc. is handled thru relays off the Silverleaf screens on your TV). Apex's come with hydraulically actuated SmartBeds for basement storage. In 2007 they started selling the SE which has SmartBeds but not Silverleaf controls; this format was their biggest seller till the factory closed mid 2009.
In mid 2008 model year they raised the roof 5" for extra headroom. In ~07ish they converted to a one piece windshield and did away with the panel covering the air filter bay.
The SE's have a greatly improved HWH slide/leveler hydraulics bay for cleaner access for service.
Hard to find an 04 or later w/less than the ISL 400hp. Lots of 34 footers were sold as it was the only coach in this trim level at that length outside of a Country Coach which usually sold for a lot more. Others had a 34-35 foot offering but usually w/particle board cabinets & such.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #4

Mike, I thought the factory closed in '08 but pushed the last few coaches out as '09 models.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #5

John- my bad, mid 2008 calendar year is correct, it was mid 2009 model year.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #6

Thank you for the replies. I spent some time looking over the brochures. I'm still not clear if there are any significant differences between the years. right now an older one fits better in my budget, and from what I can tell there shouldn't be any major downsides to a 2004.

Thanks again.
speedsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport View Post
Thank you for the replies. I spent some time looking over the brochures. I'm still not clear if there are any significant differences between the years. right now an older one fits better in my budget, and from what I can tell there shouldn't be any major downsides to a 2004.

Thanks again.
05 I think they went from two windows on the curb side to one large winow. As for towing a car trailer with lots of running lights, you will need to tap the wire and add a relay with a stronger power sorce or you will keep tripping the auto reset breaker. It looks cool going down the highway, lights on, lights off etc.
Mule Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Speedsport, I know of a very well kept 2005 36ft for sale in southern California. Send me a pm if you are interested in more info.
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote