Since we had no idea what this mechanism was called, Chuck decided to try to remove it himself to see if there was a part number. With the help of his go-fer, Marca, he was able to remove it and made two attempts at repairing it. When it was determined that the inside roller mechanism was twisted and beyond repair, I took the part number and contacted PPL in Houston, TX. It was a Carefree of Colorado part but of course you can't talk to them directly.
The PPL representative gave me the Carefree phone number so I could check on the part number which was printed on the blind mechanism. I found it is called a Slide Hide, 69". The part number is DI069QBJE01
. I then gave the part number to PPL and they ordered the part. It was ordered one week ago today and arrived this afternoon. The cost with shipping was the better part of $200.
Now, we have to wait for the go-fer to get back on her feet (literally) from surgery to assist Chuck in installing the new slide hide as it is definitely a two person job. A few margaritas may be in order also.
Hope your Slide Hide does not fail, but if it does you now know where to get a new one.