Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Directional Flashers

During the day time my directional flashers work. At night when the headlights are on, the directional flashers do not work, but I have noticed that the tail light bulb is on bright all the time as if the directional flasher is on but not flashing. The majority of my driving has been daytime, but on my last trip I ended up driving after dark and noticed it for the first time.

2005 36 MDDS Alpine Coach
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I would check grounds sounds like something is feeding back trying to find ground.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #3

I'm not completely sure how this works but you can figure it out for us. In daylight,
1) remove the plastic kick panel in front of PS seat below dash (velcro)
2) turn ignition on, turn Left Turn signal on, then check the VMM2820 module Input LED#11. #12 Input is Right Turn. It should either be on solid or it should be flashing. If its on solid, then the entire flash sequence is generated inside the Vansco. If its flashing, then the flashing sequence is made in the SmartWheel module & simply telegraphed to the Vansco. Either way, this is your control, as it appears to be working.
3) turn off ignition, have a beer.
4) Now tonight, repeat #1 & 2 and check input #11 again.
5) before having another beer, post your results. Then have a beer, and wait for the magic (of iRV2) to happen. Folks will give you their $.02 for free (no free lunch? HA!!).
Old 04-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Bravo View Post
During the day time my directional flashers work. At night when the headlights are on, the directional flashers do not work, but I have noticed that the tail light bulb is on bright all the time as if the directional flasher is on but not flashing. The majority of my driving has been daytime, but on my last trip I ended up driving after dark and noticed it for the first time.

2005 36 MDDS Alpine Coach
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara
It's possible that the trailer tow plug connection on the rear of your coach may have a shorted wire inside. All it takes is one strand of the tail light wire touching the directional wire terminal to cause this problem. I've had it happen to me and I ended up finding it by accident.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #5

On an Alpine, the front turn signals flash out of the front Vansco multiplexer, and the rear signals flash out of the rear multiplexer. The trailer plug voltages originate out of the rear multiplexer as well. So no flashers in the front wouldn't be explained by a short in the trailer plug. One rear signal could flake due to plug short backfeeding that signal, but it would be a weird short that backfed both turn signals.