Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-15-2006, 05:55 AM   #15

What sat is the Distant Networks coming in on 119 or 110?
Lyle & Cath
Apex 1

Datastorm #3481
Lyle & Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2006, 08:38 PM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
It is on 119

1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:28 AM   #17

Thanks kind sir. We are still waiting for service to start.
Lyle & Cath
Apex 1
Datastorm #3481
Old 12-16-2006, 03:38 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Does anyone know more (not speculation)about the District Court Judge that issued the injuction against Dish Net Work.
Just doesn't pass the sniff test to me. You have the loss of ABC, CBS, NBC, & FOX on Dish only and not Direct. Then for a little additional cost you can sign up on All American Direct ("independent company") and get almost the same coverage, different cities, East and West. Furthermore, from posts on this column it comes in on Dish Sat #119. Interesting how Dish can't broadcast it, but an "independent company" can using their sat.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:46 PM   #19

D & D,
This passes the smell test and more.
Dish network broke the law and DirecTV did not. Pretty clear cut stuff.
To help their customers avoid losing the DNS services they are referring their customers to All American. Dish Network loses $9/month per DNS customer (estimated to be in the 800,000 customer range) and All American is charged with providing DNS service ONLY to those who are actually qualified to receive them. Dish Network always claimed that they did not have to follow the DNS rules and because of this the courts deemed them to not be trustworthy to every properly provide these services. Without the All American services Dish Network customers would have been forced to move to DirecTV as no other option would be available.
There is still some speculation as to whether this deal is legal or if Dish has any hand in it (specifically forbidden by the court ruling) but at the moment it appears to be a fair and equitable resolution to the problems that Dish Network brought on itself by thumbing their noses at the courts over the many years.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:50 AM   #20

Hey Bob, you need to update your location on the DataStorm map.
Seems like the 2007 is going to be in Tucson not Kerrville, at least that is how it is looking on the poll running on the forum.
Do you suppose Jane and John might install some hookups for their friends at The Ranch

Mustang convertable toad
Matt Cassels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:17 PM   #21

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D & D Rich:
Does anyone know more (not speculation)about the District Court Judge that issued the injuction against Dish Net Work.
Just doesn't pass the sniff test to me. You have the loss of ABC, CBS, NBC, & FOX on Dish only and not Direct. Then for a little additional cost you can sign up on All American Direct ("independent company") and get almost the same coverage, different cities, East and West. Furthermore, from posts on this column it comes in on Dish Sat #119. Interesting how Dish can't broadcast it, but an "independent company" can using their sat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The point is anyone following the rules can broadcast as long as they have the financial and technical resources to do it except Dish. In this case, Dish leased unused space on their bird to All American so they can carry the programming and Dish receives and income stream from the lease and a lump sum payment from All American. All American has the technical resources since they all ready carry these channels for thier big dish sat customers.

I
Old 12-17-2006, 04:57 PM   #22
Administrator Emeritus

Matt, I've been off the forum for a few days, just got back from a 5 day round trip to bring my daughter and son-in-law back to Virginia, from western Arkansas....
I did 2500 miles in two days out....packed my Stacker trailer with their stuff on Friday,then 2500 miles back home yesterday and today.....I'm pooped!!

Wherever the rally is, I will be there with or without the coach....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:23 PM   #23

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
WE HAVE DISTANT NETWORKS!!!!!!!!!

We faxed in our paperwork late Thursday afternoon. They called us this morning (Tuesday) to verify how we would be paying and our networks were turned on before noon.

Picture quality is good, comparable to DishNet.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:12 AM   #24

OK Basil, what strings did you pull on this one? Well I am very happy for you guys. We are still waiting and I've already paid for the service. They told us it would be 2 weeks and we are going nuts. We just got too spoiled being able to chose from 3 time zones and being able to record 2 at the same time. Oh well, just a beautiful day.
Have a good one,
Lyle

Lyle & Cathy
Apex 1
Datastorm #3481
Old 12-20-2006, 10:40 AM   #25

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
Lyle & Cath: I guess we were just lucky getting service so fast.

Have you had any trouble with your 942 receiver? I installed our 4th unit this morning. Thank God we paid the replacement insurance because we have had 3 fail. The last two were bad right out of the box and we sent them right back.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:13 PM   #26

I guess we are the lucky ones on that score. Our 942 has been flawless, knock on wood. Its capabilities are pretty awsome. oh BTW I spent the morning on the phone trying to connect with a real person at distant networks or what ever the name is. I got 2 live people(I think) the first one said we weren't qualified and the second one tried to sell me the package that I already am suppose to have. Oh well.... we will get it figured out.
Lyle

Lyle & Cath
Apex 1
Datastorm #3481
Old 12-22-2006, 09:43 AM   #27

It is now taking 12 to 14 days to get distance network
Old 08-07-2007, 03:35 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marvin L:
It is now taking 12 to 14 days to get distance network </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone connected recently to the AllAmerican Distant Network on DISH? How long is it taking now once the information is faxed to get the signal? Thanks.