Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-13-2006, 11:10 AM   #1

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
All of you with DishNet that used to receive distant networks out of LA and NY are now painfully aware that coverage was cut off on December 1st due to a court ruling. Today Sue discovered that another company is offering ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX stations out of Atlanta & San Francisco for $9.00 a month. These channels will be on DishNet. Yeh, it's more money but, in our case, cheaper than converting our DataStorm antenna to Direct TV and rebuilding much of our electronic set-up.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/a...ls/index.shtml

https://www.mydistantnetworks.com/

Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2006, 11:10 AM   #2

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
All of you with DishNet that used to receive distant networks out of LA and NY are now painfully aware that coverage was cut off on December 1st due to a court ruling. Today Sue discovered that another company is offering ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX stations out of Atlanta & San Francisco for $9.00 a month. These channels will be on DishNet. Yeh, it's more money but, in our case, cheaper than converting our DataStorm antenna to Direct TV and rebuilding much of our electronic set-up.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/a...ls/index.shtml

https://www.mydistantnetworks.com/

Old 12-13-2006, 05:47 PM   #3

Basil,
The cost for the DNS service should be about the same as you would have been paying to Dish if you were getting programming from 2 different locals. If it's more, it would be marginally more.
I also heard that the DNS channels would be from LA and Atlanta. Do you have a link to the DNS locations so I can correct my information?
Thanks.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:52 AM   #4

Greetings from Corpus Christi, Texas where it will be in the low 80s,

These are the channels & locations:
Channel # Network
5731 NBC-Atlanta
5732 NBC-S.F.
5733 CBS-Atlanta
5734 CBS-S.F.
5735 ABC-Atlanta
5736 ABC-S.F.
5737 FOX-Atlanta
5738 FOX-S.F.

The site is: https://www.mydistantnetworks.com/

Click on frequently asked questions for details.

The cost is a wash and you must provide proof of RV ownership. This will keep me and thousands of other RV customers from being forced to jump to Direct TV.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:36 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Anyone actually receiving My Distant Network DNS? From reports I've read of people who are, the picture quality is less than stellar.

It's a moot point for us, though, since we jumped ship from Dish to Direct back at the end of October in anticipation of our losing Dish DNS.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:03 AM   #6

Basil: how long after you sent in your form before you got service? Also can we get anything other than Atlanta and SF?
Thanks,
Dale and Paul Sullivan
Old 12-14-2006, 01:42 PM   #7

In the "for what it is worth" column. I signed up for the Dishnet Distant Network via the internet and had service the next day. Actually less than 24 hours.
Picture quality is just as good as that when Dish provided it. No, only Atlanta and SF channels, but after receiving New York and LA for a number of years, it is a nice change.
We are full timers with a Escapee mailing address.
So far, were pleased. Will wait and see what happens down the road whether or not we drop Dish and go to Direct.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:20 PM   #8

Hi Sullivans,

We faxed our paperwork to them this afternoon. I will report back when we have service. Should be interesting!

All indications on their web site is that you only get Atlanta & San Francisco. We would prefer to get Los Angeles since we love to watch the live coverage of the car chases on the freeways. Only in California.

It was 80 degrees here today in Corpus Christi.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:24 PM   #9

Thanks for the update and correction. Let us know how the waiver goes. Do you have a link to the waiver? I would like to download it and have it available to those who might need it.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:18 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
They didn't wait until Dec 1 for us. They cut us off on Nov 30. However, over the telephone we got the 5731-38 plus, about 4 other of our local channels that had been cut off earlier. For about the same $9 as stated.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:56 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
There is a link to the RV waiver in the post above by Basil Shannon. It is at the bottom of the page.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:11 PM   #12

Got the link to AllAmerican, missed the link to the .pdf form. Thanks. I have it now.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:04 PM   #13
Administrator Emeritus

HEY BILL!!

You slid over here and made a few posts while I've been out of town.....WELCOME to iRV2!!

Having had the benefit of reading your posts in that "other" forum, we are certainly fortunate here on iRV2 to have you share your knowledge and experience with us.
I'm sure you'll recognize some of the Datastormers over here as well...

Maybe next year the rig issues will be ironed out and I can finally make it to Kerrville but I'm almost afraid to go now, look what going there did to Jane and John Canfield.....it made ranch owning cowpokes out of them!!
rebelsbeach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:07 PM   #14

Basil,

We sent our in today also, let's race!

Sully