Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-24-2006, 03:31 PM   #1

Normally, I am a person who does not buy extended service contracts, and I think it has served me well in life. With this high tech MH, I don't have the nerve to chance it. I received information on the Good Sam extended service plan. Do any of you have it? If you have used it, what has been your experience?

I received info from Dometic on the AC and refrig. Do any of you have their plan. Obviously, if we do the Good Sam, this would be a duplicate.

What other plans (or any at all) would you recommend?

Thanks,

Beverly

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2006, 03:31 PM   #2

Normally, I am a person who does not buy extended service contracts, and I think it has served me well in life. With this high tech MH, I don't have the nerve to chance it. I received information on the Good Sam extended service plan. Do any of you have it? If you have used it, what has been your experience?

I received info from Dometic on the AC and refrig. Do any of you have their plan. Obviously, if we do the Good Sam, this would be a duplicate.

What other plans (or any at all) would you recommend?

Thanks,

Beverly

Old 10-26-2006, 03:11 AM   #3

We did buy the Good Sams extended warranty. Our year coach only had one year thru WRV. The brake repair work we had done was over $3000 parts and labor. They paid most of it, after the $500 ded, but did not pay for a leak found during the repair and would not pay all the hours charged for part of it as they found it to be excessive (we did too). All in all we found them fair. Also have the road assistance which we have used twice and been very happy with. Also have the coach and tow insured thru them, as they have full replacement on the coach.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:55 AM   #4

Thanks for your reply. I believe I will select this Good Sam Plan. If anyone out there has another recommendation, I would appreciate hearing from you. I am not at the one year mark yet on the time frame for selecting an extended plan. We have a three year warranty on the coach, but seems it does not cover a lot. I don't believe we should count on it. Most things probably would not be covered.

Thanks.
Beverly
Old 10-26-2006, 07:50 PM   #5

We have the Good Sam extended Warranty and the Insurance for coach and toad. Have used the tow service a couple times and very happy with that. So far haven't had to use the warranty part. I do know there is a lot they don't include in the coverage like glass and entertainment system!(if I remember correctly you can add that coverage is you want). So be sure to fully understand what you are getting, that way you won't be surprised later. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with Good Sam. There are other more expensive ones but I'm sure they are limited in coverage also. Good Luck
dj

'03 GMC Envoy toad
Donna & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 03:20 PM   #6

Buddy & Beverly, like yourselves I seldom ever take an extended warranty but I did on our motorhome. I went with a company called XtraRide which you can get info about on the net, I felt they offered a bit more than Good Sam. I also took a tire warranty with a company called Tire Choice which I felt was excellent for what it offered and the cost of it. Tom Dietrich may be able to shed some light on that policy.
Hope this helps some.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:34 PM   #7

Are their any other Extended Warranty companies out there that good or bad?
Old 11-06-2006, 07:16 PM   #8

I don't have a warranty with these folks but have talked to several people who think very highly of them.

http://www.warrantyexperts.com/
Old 08-13-2007, 11:03 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I have been investigating warranty service plans myself and it has been interesting! I was looking at Warranty experts and Good Sam and then got a quote from RV Protection.net--they were almost $1300 more so I called them to find out more. The gentleman was very nasty, slammed his competitors and was rude....I was in sales for a long time and know one does not slam competitors...
Anyway, I then decided to call a few RV service centers and speak to them about what their expereince was with the companies---all 3 said, Good Sam is the easiest, fastest to deal with and best. No one will give you bumper to bumper--all 3 said that too . Of the 3, 2 were dealers and the other was an independent.
So since I only have to sign a 1 year deal with Good Sam, I'll try them and see how it goes. I may just put $ a savings acct this year and have it there for ERs.

Just my input....
Karen
2004 Monaco Diplomat PST
mom2mastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:14 AM   #10

I have the 3 year exclusionary package from Warranty Experts, which covers every item likely to fail and then some. Good Sam's CSP does not. I bought the Warranty Experts plan because it has a money-back guarantee if no claims are made during the plan's period.

Fortunately, I can do almost anything needing doing but the Driveline and Generator are not things I want to deal with. Ever.

So, with a little luck, I'll have had the peace of mind without the cost.

I'll add this: had the CSP plan been exclusionary, the yearly option would have made the decision for me.

When doing my research, I found Xtraride to be over a $ thousand more costly than any of the others for comparable coverage.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:01 AM   #11

We bought the CSP for our Avalanche as it had no Manufacturers warranty when we purchased it new from the dealer. After submitting 3 different claims and having them deny them all we cancelled the service. It did include an emergency tow plan that we tried to use as well but when no one showed up to assist us I had to call AAA and they were there in less than an hour. Thanks for the info on Warranty Experts, I'll check them out.

2005 Alpine Avalanche
Fly'n Paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:13 PM   #12

Make certain you're talking about the Exclusionary Warranty.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:54 PM   #13

We have the extended warranty from Monaco Coach on our Alpine and so far it looks like it's reliable when something has to be done. We are slightly over one year on the the Alpine but in those cases where we have had difficulty getting WRV to pay for what is owed Monaco has been ready and willing to cover what WRV wouldn't like a radiator replacement if and when we need one.
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:44 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mom2mastiffs:
I was looking at Warranty experts and Good Sam and then got a quote from RV Protection.net--they were almost $1300 more so I called them to find out more. The gentleman was very nasty, slammed his competitors and was rude....I was in sales for a long time and know one does not slam competitors... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I just bought a policy from Scott at RV Protection.net. I bought the very same policy that Monaco sells as their "Monaco Extended Care" plan - the one administered by Prism. Found it to be a lot cheaper without the Monaco name attached and without buying it at a dealer. I got a 7 year term, $200 Ded for around $1250.

Scott was a little weird to deal with, but I didn't find him to be rude. I have seen that complaint appear various places on the net, however. Before I bought, I called Prism and asked about him. They said he was OK. They offered to help, should a problem arise with the sale. Six weeks after I paid, I called Prism to see if they had me listed. They did not. A call to Scott resolved the problem and my policy was listed with Prism the next day. I don't know what the glitch was, so it wouldn't be fair to speculate.

Bottom line... I'd recomend before buying any extended warranty policy on the internet that the buyer know who the administrator is and call them first to check out the sales agent. Also ask them any questions you have about the policy before you buy. You will never deal with the sales agent again after you buy, but you will deal with the administrator each time you use the policy.

Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote