Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #1

Does anyone on the forum own a stacker boat/toad trailer?

I have seen them several times...but never have talked to anyone that actually "owns" one..

Second question...does anyone have an older one for sale. (Other than a dealer that builds them) New ones are too pricey for me.....and used ones that dealers have are just as high.

Stan..
StansCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Stan, we don't see them a lot, but have seen them. Yes, they are expensive, however, the idea of having a rolling money pit and one that floats is more than I can afford, however, if you do get one and we can meet at Lake Mead, I can promise you some of the best large mouth fishing you have ever seen. And if you make it as far as Redding, CA, Lake Shasta has some of the best general bass fishing I can think of. The trout fishing is also real good in Lake Shasta. Do a search on the net for car & boat trailers combos and see what you come up with, check craigslist in your local area.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renipladlo View Post
Stan, we don't see them a lot, but have seen them. Yes, they are expensive, however, the idea of having a rolling money pit and one that floats is more than I can afford, however, if you do get one and we can meet at Lake Mead, I can promise you some of the best large mouth fishing you have ever seen. And if you make it as far as Redding, CA, Lake Shasta has some of the best general bass fishing I can think of. The trout fishing is also real good in Lake Shasta. Do a search on the net for car & boat trailers combos and see what you come up with, check craigslist in your local area.
Hi Monty..
I've been looking everywhere, and yep...they are expensive...$18,000 at Built Rite. He said they had a used one that was a "rust bucket" and he said "...and I MEAN a rust bucket", as is, where is, in North Dakota for $6,500...

That ended our conversation...I can build a new one at my shop cheaper than I could fix a $6,500 rust bucket..1500 miles from home.

I have a single cab, narrow wheel base, dually truck with a Sneeker Wheel Lift on it. (wheel lift hides away under the truck) I'm thinking about sucking the boat up on the headache rack and lifting the back part of the boat with the wheel lift...adding a tow bar and go. Total weight about 8,500 lbs... and a little lesss than 26 ft. long including towbar.

The dually even has wheels that match the Alpine....it's custom tow rig I built a few years ago...diamond plate bed, targa headache rack etc.

Heck ..I could buy another used wheel lift truck and boat for the price of one of those trailers!

I'm down to two fishing boats now...sold our big deck boat last spring. I've had a boat ever since I got out of the Army in 1970. I used to be heavy into water skiing, and did the fast boat thing for a while. My knees are shot now, so I took up fishing.

I still love the water, and there's lotsa good lake parks in Texas...so we will likely spend a lot of time in them, when we're not on longer trips. I doubt that I would carry a boat out of state...too many other things to do, without lugging a boat around. Plus my Geo Tracker that we pulled behing our gas rig is much lighter than 8,500 lbs..ha!

Stan..
StansCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Yeah, I understand about hauling the heavy rig too far. And Texas does have a lot of great places to fish, boat or no boat. I have thought of one of those one man pontoon boats, the kind you pump up and then use and when ready to leave, let the air out of them and tuck it in a smartbed. The problem with that is what do I not take with me so I can store the boat, which might not get used a lot, and then the BH would wonder why I did not take her rowing machine, when I took the pontoon boat, blah, blah!!

So if I do fish, (need to get a cheap pole/real-bass pro in Manteca, CA) it's usually off the bank. But I would like a boat, just seems more fun that way.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote