Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:26 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
DrDaveCa

Thanks Dave, for the heads up about the FJ discussion. I usually only have time to read the Alpine forum, not all of the others, but now I will have a look at the other thread as it does pertain to me.

I don't understand why a thread cannot be "cross referenced" in other forums for this very reason.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
John,

You are just the type member that I targeted the posting to. I happened to run across the posting and thought there may be MANY Alpine forum members that might not have seen to PFJ posting. I was also surprised when I saw the posting from the Moderator . With today's diesel prices a way to save 9 cents a gallon is worth knowing about, so hopefully many of our members will see our local posting and go look at it.

DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLori View Post
..I don't understand why a thread cannot be "cross referenced" in other forums for this very reason.
Unfortunately, when we went to the new platform in 2009, we lost the cross-referencing threads capability.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Unfortunately, when we went to the new platform in 2009, we lost the cross-referencing threads capability.

Lori-
Lori, if that is the case, then I don't think that a topic should be closed in this forum that is of so much interest to all of us. There are many of us like John who just come to the Alpine forum, as we don't necessarily have the time to monitor all of iRV2, even though we know that there are other interesting areas to read.

So, I for one would appreciate it if you or Dirk would reopen the PFJ thread that Dr Dave started.

Thank you!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:13 AM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
For those Alpine readers who are interested in posting to the FJ the thread, Dirk left a link as he closed it. When clicked on it will lead to the thread DrDaveCA started. Click on the blue underscored "that":
Quote:
Please keep all FJ discussions in that thread.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjstacy View Post
Lori, if that is the case, then I don't think that a topic should be closed in this forum that is of so much interest to all of us. There are many of us like John who just come to the Alpine forum, as we don't necessarily have the time to monitor all of iRV2, even though we know that there are other interesting areas to read.

So, I for one would appreciate it if you or Dirk would reopen the PFJ thread that Dr Dave started.

Thank you!
I understand your point but keep in mind that "Lindsay" from PFJ is actually monitoring and responding to the original thread only. A shadow thread here would not give anything but hearsay at best. Thoriginal thread is where you will get authoritative answers to questions and have the ability to give your input and suggestions to PFJ directly. Why not just subscribe to that particular thread -- and you will get email notices of postings to keep up with it? You can still limit your visits to this forum and automatically monitor the official PFJ thread.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
I did not mean to make a big deal out of this, I was attempting to get people that had not seen the PFJ/"Lynsay" post to go look at what I thought was a subject every Alpiner would be interested in. As Dave/Jaime state, "The original thread is where you will get authoritative answers to questions and have the ability to give your input and suggestions to PFJ directly."

If you have not already seen it, here is the original thread
Hi I'm Lynsay from Pilot Flying J, please check it out.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #8

DrDave, Thanks for the thread I would have never seen Lindsay's post. I was frustrated on my last trip on the way to CA. We had all kinds of problems at FJ. After reading the thread I followed Lindsay's instructions and pump start worked great. No more guessing how much fuel to pre-pay for and I get the cash price plus discount on my DB card.

I like many other Alpiners rely on IRV2 but only frequent the Alpine forum on a regular basis.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:53 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Dave:

Thanks for the posting. While I read this forum nearly every day, I rarely look outside it. Your posting REALLY helped.

I understand why the moderator would close the thread and leave a link. I believe he just lacked a little tact in explaining it. I would think that a forums system this big would run across this problem often and have a more standardized (and friendly) reply pre-worded. When I first read his post, I was a bit torked, too. After thinking it over, I'm agreeing but questioning the tone.