Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:29 PM   #1

Hunted high and low and cannot find circuit breaker or fuse for the security light on the driver's side. Changed the bulb and it didn't help. Can you help me?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2008, 01:29 PM   #2

Hunted high and low and cannot find circuit breaker or fuse for the security light on the driver's side. Changed the bulb and it didn't help. Can you help me?

Old 07-15-2008, 04:35 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
What year and model coach do you have? This question has been asked many times on this forum and maybe somebody could help you guys is you would provide that information.
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:29 AM   #4

Sorry, I'm new at this. I have a 2007, 36ft Limited SE. Thanks for letting me know
Old 07-16-2008, 12:04 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Paul,

I just looked at your profile and see you just joined this group yesterday. The best thing to do is put the year and model of your coach in your signature, similar to what I have done, then it will always be there for others when you ask a question.

I am assuming you know where the switch is, but can't locate the fuse. My coach is much different from yours but I am sure somebody will give you an answer before too long.

Jim
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:45 PM   #6

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
Hi Palm Springs neighbor,
Two Springs RV Resort
Your owner's manual should have a DC wiring diagram. Mine shows that light connected to a switch in the kitchen which is connected to a 20 amp interior light fuse (4th one down) on the fuse block by the circuit breakers. If that fuse is popped, you also lose all kinds of interior lights so I doubt that is the problem.

1) Check for corrosion on the light socket especially the lead center contact.These lights tend to leak sometimes.

2) With the switch on, check for 12 volts between the outside of the socket and the center contact being careful not to short circuit the two. Check connections to the socket.

3) If all else fails, check for 12 volts at the switch.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:43 PM   #7

Basil,
how you two holding up in that Palm Springs heat and recent humidity?
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:24 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Paul Heil...
Welcome to iRV2! ou have come across the friendliest RV forum on the web - with some of the smartest RV owners around.

I can't answer your question - but I have added some of your coach info to your signature. You can go in your profile to see where I added the line and then edit it to how you want it. We are also in the same "neighborhood". Sacs & I own property in Florence -but I am currently working at a GMC dealership in Eugene. We have many folks from Florence come to us...

I would also suggest that you ask for "Karma Please" and the tag of "Alpine Coach Forum Member" will be added under your name.
Again- welcome to iRV2...we hope you visit & post often.

MM
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:06 AM   #9

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Basil,
how you two holding up in that Palm Springs heat and recent humidity? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have been stuck in HOT HUMID Corpus Christi, Texas since the 1st of April for our annual Dr appointments and my cataract surgery which turned out well. We will winter in Palm Springs at Two Springs RV Resort where we currently have 3 Alpine owners. Come check it out.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:04 AM   #10

Paul,
Our 2005 MDTS didn't have a switch on the driver's side "docking light" when we got it. I complained about it to the dealer, and they found the proper wire behind the panel in the kitchen....unfortunately, WRV wired the light "hot" so the switch goes to ground. First thing I would try is see if there's 12 volts at the light fixture..?

Mike Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote