Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-11-2006, 12:16 PM   #1

We have only owned this Alpine Coach for a few months and I thought I would get use to the idea of the drivers seat not being centered. Well it is not going to happen, so I need to get it squared up. Is there any adjustment other than the mounting bolts to the floor? It is rotated a few degrees to the left side of the coach. The Flexsteel manual was no help and can't find anything on their website.
2002 36' MDDS

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2006, 12:16 PM   #2

We have only owned this Alpine Coach for a few months and I thought I would get use to the idea of the drivers seat not being centered. Well it is not going to happen, so I need to get it squared up. Is there any adjustment other than the mounting bolts to the floor? It is rotated a few degrees to the left side of the coach. The Flexsteel manual was no help and can't find anything on their website.
2002 36' MDDS

Old 10-14-2006, 07:51 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Beagle - This was a complaint of ours with the 2003 we had. Then when we upgraded to the APEX we found the same thing - the driver's seat is 3 or 4 inches off center to the left of the steering wheel. Flexsteel has nothing to do with it. It is the way WRV drilled the holes. Jeff Lake talked with Engineering (?) while we were at the Charlotte Rally and confirmed that it can be moved 1 1/2 inches to the right but that is all. Tris says it is too much work for him to do and we are going to have either Guaranty do it in Junction City or have it done at the factory when we have it there for warranty work.

It bothers both of us while driving but it REALLY bothers me because I am smaller & it throws me to the left side of the steering wheel.

We did have Flexsteel "plump-up" the driver's seat when we took it to Riverside. I don't know how much that helped because I haven't driven it since then.

Carolyn
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:04 AM   #4

Carolyn- I want to go to Flexsteel in Riverside when we drive through there in a couple of weeks to have my driver's seat swivel fixed. I can't find any literature in all my books relating to them. How about a phone # and address please. No phone # on their web site.

Thanks, Rick Coleman
Old 10-16-2006, 06:50 AM   #5

Rick,

This is the contact info for Flexsteel:
Flexsteel Industries Inc
7227 Central Ave
Riverside, CA 92504
(951) 354-2440
www.flexsteel.com

I've been there for repairs so I know this is the correct address.

Dale
2006 Alpine Coach 36FDTS
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:34 AM   #6

Thanks
Old 10-16-2006, 11:31 AM   #7

swansnest
thanks for the reply.
Ours is rotated to the left and off center. Maybe someone has figured out a solution. Anyone?
Old 10-16-2006, 03:58 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks, Dale! You saved me a trip down stairs!

Rick - You will need to call Jessie and set it up a week or 2 ahead of time. Tris and I went and slept on the street out in front ahead of time so that we would be there when they opened up at 7:30 am- but it was kind of noisey with trucks coming & going.

Beagle - Are you close enough to go to Yakima for WRV to move it?
#75710.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:26 PM   #9

Our driver's seat is also off-center to the left in our '03.

Swansnest - if I may, a question or two. I'm presuming the holes you're talking about are the pedestal floor mounting bolts. I was wondering if the seat flange on the bottom of the seat could be redrilled so that the seat could be moved sideways (to the passenger's side)on the top of the pedestal, thereby not having to redrill through the floor.

Not to hijack the thread, but I noticed you tow an '05 Avalanche. We now have an '06 Silvarado. Did you put an extra bulb in the taillight or hook into the wiring using diodes? I would prefer the extra bulb if it'll fit in.

Thanks for any assistance.

/Fred
Old 10-18-2006, 09:47 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Sorry for the late response, Fred. I've already answered about using 2 diodes on each tail light.

I think that redrilling the holes on the bottom of the pedestal is what WRV would do - but that would be moving it toward the center only about 1 1/2". Tris also thinks Flexsteel building up the seat has also helped offset the difference - at least he doesn't notice it as much! Carolyn's not sure!
#75710.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:46 PM   #11

Swansnest - thanks for the info.

I'm now pondering diodes or maybe putting lights under the rear bumper.

/Fred
Old 10-20-2006, 07:24 AM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
My seat was also 3" to the right of center.
I corrected this as a two part solution.

1) Move the seat mount 11/2 " to the right. On the bottom of the seat frame are two steel flat bars where the seat mounts to the electric sliding base. Remove these 4 bolts and drill 4 new holes in the seat flat bar 11/2" over and remount.

2) Move the steering column 11/2" to the right. Remove the large plastic cover dressing up the base of the steering column. Behind the cover are 4 large bolts mounting the column to a steel plate extending from the fire wall. The holes in this plate are large and elongated. Loosen all 4 bolts (do not remove) position the column as far to the right as possible making sure the steering wheel remains level. Retighten the 4 bolts.

This worked great for me and put my right foot in a better position for the brake and gas pedal.

Gary Arnold
Gary Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:04 AM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Gary - Yours is the first one I've heard of that is off center to the right. All of ours are to the left - close to the exterior wall - not the center of the coach!

We will have to check out the steering column next time we are in the coach!
#75710.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:20 PM   #14

'Toyz'
Thank you, this is the information I am looking for. I didn't feel like I had time to tear into the seat assemble to determine if it could be drilled. Will take your advice and start the relocation soon and take some modification photos for this forum topic. Pleased that the topic was kept alive although sometimes off subject. Thanks to all