Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2016, 09:37 AM   #1

Question Drivers seat- Party Seating?

I have tried many different ways but can't seem to get the drivers seatback to clear the steering wheel. Is it this way for all or am I special?

The passenger seat can swivel 180 degrees.

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2016, 09:46 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Tilt the steering wheel full up. Slide the seat all the way forward and swing it around.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:51 AM   #3

Agree--even with the seat base slid all the way back [forward], the seat back titled forward and the steering wheel titled forward, not sure the seat clears. Think you end up with the seat turned 3/4 of the way with the back between the side window/wall and the steering wheel. So time to party!
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:06 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Can't speak for your particular coach, but on my previous MH the drivers seat would pivot 3/4 of the way around and no more. My current one goes all the way around. Looks like a design "feature" on some coaches.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:11 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
The secret to getting ours spun around to become part of the "salon seating" ... the steering wheel has to be tilted up as far as possible, the seat base needs to be move back (away from the wheel as far as possible) and the seat back needs to be upright. Once the base has been spun around the seat back can be moved (leaned?) back a bit.

One more word of advice ... whichever direction you spin it to get it turned around ... be certain you spin it back the same way it came when you go to put it back! No good will ever come from spinning it a full 360 degrees around!!!!! (Don't ask me how I know this! )
Old 06-08-2016, 04:55 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Some of the Alpines have short wiring runs to the switches and when they were swiveled became unplugged at the butt splice. I bet you can figure out how I know this
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 04:52 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Wheel tilted all the way forward, lower the drivers left arm rest, start to spin the seat then motor the seat partly forward. Works every time on our '05.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver