Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2006, 05:36 AM   #1

When I purchased my coach neither of the front seat swivel releases were working. The dealer repaired the passenger seat, but couldn't get the new part for the driver's seat. I finally got the part for the driver's seat and would like to fix it myself if possible, rather than going all the way back to the dealer and waiting who knows how long to pick the coach up again even though it is still under warranty. The part includes the pull handle and the cable, with small metal plate attached. The cable is detached on the broken seat (at the end, not at the handle). I've looked under the seat and how to fix it is not obvious. Any tips from someone who has performed this repair? If not, perhaps I can talk to the manufacturer, whoever that is. I'm hoping I don't have to remove the entire seat and turn it upside down to make the repair.

Thanks, Rick Coleman
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2006, 05:36 AM   #2

When I purchased my coach neither of the front seat swivel releases were working. The dealer repaired the passenger seat, but couldn't get the new part for the driver's seat. I finally got the part for the driver's seat and would like to fix it myself if possible, rather than going all the way back to the dealer and waiting who knows how long to pick the coach up again even though it is still under warranty. The part includes the pull handle and the cable, with small metal plate attached. The cable is detached on the broken seat (at the end, not at the handle). I've looked under the seat and how to fix it is not obvious. Any tips from someone who has performed this repair? If not, perhaps I can talk to the manufacturer, whoever that is. I'm hoping I don't have to remove the entire seat and turn it upside down to make the repair.

Thanks, Rick Coleman
Old 10-11-2006, 05:43 AM   #3

Hi Rick......Seats should be Flexsteel out of Riverside, CA. Look in your Owners book for phone numbers and give them a call. Since you are orginal owner of coach you can problably get it repair at their place in Riverside @ no charge to you.
Mike & Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:04 AM   #4

Rick,
Had this problem w/co-pilot seat, bracket fell out of slot on underside of chair. Not knowing how the bracket was secured to chair, check pilot chair, noted there had to be a slot to slip the bracket into. By feel only, located slot in co-pilot chair and slipped bracket into it with cable loosley attached. Then crimped bracket around slot on cable end. Apparently cable tension is the only thing that keeps bracket in place.
BTF
bigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:12 PM   #5

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.

Rick
Old 04-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #6

Our footrest on the passenger seat has failed. One side moves out while the other side stays stationary. Has anyone encountered this problem or should we contact Flexstel? 2004 Alpine 40 ft. FDTS Kathy Nicholsen
knicholsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #7

Rick and knickolsen,

This is the contact info for Flexsteel:
Flexsteel Industries Inc
7227 Central Ave
Riverside, CA 92504
(951) 354-2440
www.flexsteel.com

I've been there for repairs, so I know this is the correct address.
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:30 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Indeed, I just had that same problem only a couple weeks ago.

The answer was quite simple. Look at the side that works and you will see that the motor turns the cable that connects to and turns the screw drive. With time and vibration it comes loose from the screw drive (and is not very obvious). Just make sure that the cable seats fully into the connection to the screw drive. Then tighten everything up and viola!
Old 04-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #9

Kathy- I don't know where you live, but if you can't fix the problem as suggested above, and you are within driving distance of flexsteel, they are very good about doing repairs at their factory with an appointment. I was in and out in half an hour.