Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2010, 09:12 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Louie & Linda
DRR X Desert Rat Quartzsite Rally

Hear Yea! Hear Yea! Hear Yea All! The 10th Desert Rat Rally is upon us and Kathy and Carl Nicholsen have great plans for your enjoyment should you elect to attend and attend you should.

The rally fee is $100 for ACA members and the registration form is attached below and on the ACA web page.

Come join with us and enjoy the camaraderie with friends, old (meaning those you have known a while ) and new.

Remember to bring as much firewood as you can safely haul to add to the enjoyment of evenings around the bonfire.

Send questions to Kathy at knicholsen@comcast.net or to Louis at LABSR@AOL.com .

ACA DESERT RAT RALLY

10TH ANNIVERSARY

January 20 – 25, 2011

Quartzsite, Arizona

Please return by December 20, 2010

NO REFUNDS FOR CANCELLATIONS AFTER JANUARY 5, 2011

ACA # ______________ FMCA # _____________

_________________________________________ _________________________ ________________________
Last Name First Name Spouse’s Name

_____________________________________ _____________________________ __________ _________
Street Address City State Zip

Cell phone # ________________________ Email address ____________________________________________

Coach Model ______________ Coach Year ____________ Coach length ______________ # slides ___________

Arriving early? Y N arrival date: ___________________ Staying late? Y N departure date: _________________

First rally? Y N Special needs? __________________________________________________ ____________

************************************************** *******************************************

RALLY FEE*: $100 ACA Members (2 people in coach)
$ 50 ACA Member (1 person in coach)
$140 Non-ACA Members & S.O.B. coaches (2 people in coach)
$ 70 Non-ACA Member & S.O.B. coach (1 person in coach)
$ 70 Extra person

*Includes: Beef stew; omelet breakfast; Margarita bar, beer & soda; s’mores; coffee and Danish two days, catered BBQ; PLUS Branson, Missouri entertainment JOHN TWEED AND HIS DAUGHTER SARAH (www.tweedshow.com)

Please mail completed form along with a check made out to ACA Rallies to:

Carl and Kathy Nicholsen
1574 Coburg Road #871
Eugene, OR 97401

If you have questions, you can reach us at: knicholsen@comcast.net or

Kathy: 541-913-2533
Louie & Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie & Linda View Post
Hear Yea! Hear Yea! Hear Yea All! The 10th Desert Rat Rally is upon us and Kathy and Carl Nicholsen have great plans for your enjoyment should you elect to attend and attend you should.
You should put this in our iRV2 Calendar. Look at the bottom of the Main Forum Page! You can link to other resources through the calendar.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:07 PM   #3

Just an update on Desert Rat Rally X. I am receiving registration forms daily. We have 77 coaches registered and I have received several e-mails and phone calls in the last three days stating "the check is in the mail". Please do not let the deadline discourage you, I needed a deadline date to have a head count for food, etc. Of course, the full hook up and view sites will be taken but BLM has plenty of land to park on. We are hoping to break an attendance record for this 10th anniversary. I have secured a large event tent so we can all be uncover if weather is not favorable. If you haven't already sent in your registration, please consider doing so and joining our wonderful family of friends!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #4

Desert Rat Rally X Update

As of today, 12/28/10, we have 104 coaches paid for. I have received several phone calls saying the check is in the mail. If you are still undecided, come, join us. Just mail me your check and e-mail me your information so I can have an accurate head count for food purposes. We are hopeful to break our previous record of 135 coaches. Call your friends and make sure they have signed up to attend the 10th Anniversary Desert Rat Rally!
Old 12-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Hi Kathy, We are not ACA members and don't want to intrude on your gathering, but would like to stop by and meet ya'll, where are you going to be in Q-site? If you don't mind me askin
phxmtngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #6

From the intersection of Main Street and Hwy 95 in Quartzsite, AZ, travel 5.7 miles north to Plomosa Road, and 3.0 miles east. I'm not sure if you were interested in joining our activities because registration is closed at this time. If you just wanted to stop by and say hello, that would be fine. We have free time on Saturday Sunday; otherwise, we do have activities planned which would make visiting less convenient. If you have questions, please let me know.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you we will not impose in your activities, but would like to just say hi
phxmtngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
All - we drove out to what we think is the area where we will be gathered and no one was right at that point. THere were two alpines in the area, but no one right where we think we will be located. We saw another alpine heading through town but don't know where he ended up. Since we cannot stay in the park we are in for another week, we are heading down to yuma, and will head back up on the 19th for the Rally.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Would have been very happy to do DRR X.

Instead we will be in Indy, 5 degrees on Tuesday night.

Wish we were there!! We enjoyed DRR IV.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:23 AM   #10

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
A guy from the adjacent Montana 5th wheel rally (big circle) parked in our ACA spot gave me a bunch of arial pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4126 (2).JPG
Views:	143
Size:	369.5 KB
ID:	7852  
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:45 AM   #11

Thanks Basil, Finally someone from the Rat Rally threw us a bone.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Thumbs up

I want to thank the Wagonmaster’s Kathy & Carl and all of the individuals who in my opinion made this Rally the Best DDR in ACA’s History.

Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:07 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Dave, I second that!!

Carl & Kathy, thank you for all of your hard work!!!!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:27 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Dave, I third this post!! Our first, and won't be our last, it was great fun. Made a lot of new alpine friends, and now can put a face to a name as well.

Kathy & Carl, great organization, and great results, you both did an outstanding job putting this together. You have permission to take two weeks off.

Louie, you are also the MAN!!!!

Learned a lot about our coach, and we even ordered some cabinets work done for it, so it going to stay in the family.

It was nice of the Montana fellow to give us the picture, it would have been nicer if they had not taken our space, so we could have "Circled the Wagons" so to speak!!
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote