Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #15

Don- there are rigs whose leveling has a dump feature, but the coach mfgr opted not to buy the separate switch setup that allows you to push a button to release air while moving the coach. This has come up on other forums here on iRV2. Worst case is you could add one of your own. The dump system(s) run by powering solenoid valves (occasionally 4, usually one per axle, sometimes one per coach), so you could add your own momentary switch, relay(s) as needed per solenoid valve, and double tap the OEM wiring to the solenoid valve(s). The switch should be set up where and in a way you won't accidentally activate air dump, but that is easy enough using a spring-loaded rocker mounted out of the way of knees, etc.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #16

Reply to Don's question, I have a 38' Discovery DP and I can dump my air bags and move my coach. I usually leave my air bags aired up because I think they're like tires. Might tend to crack when they are squished down. I have a dump switch/lever and usually dump before leveling. Might be the wrong idea but...
Can't remember what my height is but probably about 12' 3", maybe a little more with sat.
Really am happy with my Discovery, only a few years younger than your Coach if you ever go looking. And Fleetwood is still in business.

Regards
KC
Clonetrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:35 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for your reply's, this is good news for me. When I bought my Bounder and brought it home, it would not fit into my barn. I raised the door and trusses from 11' to 13' thinking that would be more than sufficient for any future upgrades. However I added a 4" cement floor so now only have 12' 8". I just didn't want to do this all over again. KC, the fleetwood brands are high on my list, so good to hear from you.
Don
thebings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Although APEX is different from all the other Alpines I think in regards to how it levels, here is the way mine does it. And although on a concrete pad type of site, I don't have to put out a jack blocks but I do, so the Hyd Jacks dont have to extend as far down, just the way I do it.

When we are ready to level the coach, I push a button on the Silverleaf (which is tied into the HWH leveling System-same thing different visual view) it dumps all the air, and as EM said counts 30 seconds elapsed time, then starts to auto-level the coach based on an (electronic level in the HWH control box). Once it's level were done, but we always check with a bubble level on the kitchen counter just to make sure. Sometimes it does not quite get it where I want it, so I usually raise the drivers side up a tad bit more, because I have two slides on that side which will pull the coach down a little if I don't.

Now to the original question, I don't dump when in storage, I leave the bags pumped up, and until my front bags were fixed so they do dump, one used to bleed off. I have not noticed this happening since the repair, but we have been on the road, and it has not been in storage. I will leave them pumped up once we get home so I can see if that bag looses air and if it does, I will spray some soap solution around and see if I can pinpoint where it's leaking. Like the fellow said, it's sitting on a rubber bag (think tire) and that is better than unlevel on the frame bumpers out of level. The air bags would take up some of the unlevelness of the site it sits in storage in I would hope. JMTCW.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote