Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:00 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Does anyone know where the fuse is for the Power Seats in the a 2001 Alpine Coach.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2007, 03:00 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Does anyone know where the fuse is for the Power Seats in the a 2001 Alpine Coach.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:57 PM   #3

It is in the upper part of the battery compartment. Not a good place due to battery fumes. Our seat shorted out and took out the power to the refer. Check under seat and see if wires were chafed from seat movement.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:51 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
We were at An Alpine Rally this weekend. The Rep checked the battery compartment, but the 2001's didn't put them there! Need another location. Have already checked panel in front of passenger chair and bathroom panel. No Fuse makred seats? Got any other ideas?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:20 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
I found ours on our 2000 outside behind the front cap, on the firewall passenger side. This was for the passenger side seat. It was an in-line fuse. Don't remember where it was actually located, I just started pullling apart in-line fuses on the passenger side firewall.

Good luck,

TD
Old 11-14-2007, 04:47 AM   #6

I have found it easier to run a new line using a good quality aftermarket blade type fuse holder than trying to track down a wire in an unknown location.
Generally, I'll take the power from a "Switched" bus at the main distribution panel, which, on my Mid-door Coach, is behind the vertical panel in front of the passenger's foot well. Can't say where it is on a front door model but I suspect the same place.

Regardless, whenever I find an inexpensive in-line fuse holder, I replace them with blade type fuse holders. If on the exterior of the Coach, I use a waterproof holder having a cover and solder them into the line.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:47 AM   #7

Sorry I couldn't be of help.
This problem that Orville is having just points up the need for a technical resource center. Other RV manufactures get it done for their owners but in our case, they (WRV), will sit on their hands and let someone else do it. thanks, 'RVRONINPA'
Old 11-20-2007, 01:59 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Found it!!! Was an inline fuse in the Battery Compartment. Not marked, but black wire. Thanks for everyone's help!