Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:18 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Question Electrical items locations

We are enjoying our 2003 FDTS40 ALPINE MOTOR COACH everytime we go out.

I would like to know where two items are physically located in the coach.

1. The inverter/charger for the coach.
2. The "echo" charger that charges the chassis batteries from the coach batteries when the cummings isn't running..ie the coach is on shore power or the Onan generator is generating.
The two fuse leads from the echo charger to the battery isolator in the battery compartment disappear into the frame center section close to the engine.

I have looked all over.............. except where they are.

Ray Jeske
jeskehomes@sti.net

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Hi Sarah and Ray!

We hope you're enjoying your Alpine as much as we do ours. We live in Hanford, just about 30 miles southwest of Fresno.

Inverter: I know of 2 places they put them in Alpines. Ours is at the foot of the bed and inside of a wooden cabinet that also contains the clothing drawers or washer/dryer hookups. There is a wooden ventilated cover about 10" high and 18" wide covering the opening. This just pops off.

The other place (our friend with a 2006 has this mount) is on the rear wall of the basement. You can see it from the basement.

I don't know where your Echo Charger might be. Our 2004 manual talks about one but we don't have one. I've heard that at some point in there they discontinued that feature. We did install one in our previous Safari Trek and I thought it was a good idea.

Have you got all the info you need to consider joining either Alpine SoCal or Alpine NorCal or ACA, the Alpine Coach Association? We're members of all 3 and try to make it to as many rallies as we can. Let me know if you want more info.

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Cheers!

2004 Alpine 34 FDDS
Mike & Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #3

Hi

Our inverter/charger is at the foot of the bed behind the wooden cover that Mike mentions on the passenger side. The echo charger is on the outside wall beside the inverter/charger.

Geoff
Old 03-17-2014, 04:09 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
.......and by the way... the engine is a Cummins.... no g. Good luck with your new coach and welcome to the forum.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Hi Ray. Welcome to the Alpine family. If you can't find answers here to your Alpine related questions, there probably are no answers~!~!~! My inverter is also located in the cabinet under the upper drawers at the foot of the bed behind the ventilated wood cover. The echo charger is mounted just to the left of the inverter inside the same compartment. Hope this helps.
rdownward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:01 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Hey Bruce & Donna. How do you keep your battery compartment so clean?
Old 03-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #7

Ummm... My posting disappeared.

A toothbrush and degreaser/cleaner when we first purchased the coach a couple of years ago. With grease and extra wires all over the place, it was a fire waiting to happen. It took me back to my younger days when I had a Jaguar with chrome wire wheels.

Since then its been pretty easy to hose it out when I wash the outside of the coach. I recently took all the batteries out and "reconditioned" the compartment. I'll post pictures tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
It shows that you do regular cleanings of the compartment. I cleaned my compartment a couple of years ago when I purchased new coach batteries and I cleaned the batteries again about a year ago. But, it gets full of gunk & dirt pretty quickly when out on the road - especially if the roads have rain or snow to deal with. Thanks for your reply. I guess I just have to do good old fashioned regular housekeeping to keep the compartment looking decent.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:48 PM   #9

All good guesses but WRONG [smile]--the inverter on the 03 40ft is in the basement compartment just in front of the rear wheels on the passenger side. The echo charger is on the basement ceiling of that same compartment. It might be that later 03s move the inverter to the back wall of the main basement [like under the frid but in front of the tank compartment]--but that is more of a guess.
PS--I wash down the bat compartment with a garden hose and some baking soda water each time I do the coach.
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:00 AM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Inverter and echo charger location

Thanks everyone for the quick response.
We have to go to Fresno tomorrow, but Wed I will remove the BarBQ stuff from the right rear storage compartment (in front of the duals) and take off the carpeted panels and see if they are there??

We sortof belong to the valley Alpine group..I get the e-mail letters BUTTTTT, we have not been able to attend any of the functions including the Hanford one.

Hope to do that later in the year.
Too many grand kids graduating in s. ca & n. or!

We did a 6000 mile trip to Oshkosh Wi for the Airshow last and back on US 2!
Great Trip.

Thanks again..will post the results
Rayhttp://www.irv2.com/forums/images/smilies/dance.gif
Old 03-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
I found the echo charger but not inverter.
Though I think that I can locate it by sound, I have to remove an added shelf to take off the panels to get to it. Since it is working I am going to pass on doing it.

Thanks Again everyone..Ray

Tags
cat, electrical