Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2014, 10:26 PM   #29

Monty- After you get it up on blocks give me a call. There are a few parts I'd like to scavenge. Mike
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2014, 08:32 AM   #30

Alpine Owners Club
Monty, I've not met you but I'm willing to bet that once you get your list of fixes accomplished you'll look at that MH and feel like it's "all back to normal" and start planning more trips. It's a catch-22 with MH's ... you invest time & money (sometimes with great frustration) thinking you've had enough but you feel like you need to get something out of all that time & money before selling it. Just sayin'
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:50 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Arrived Coburg, OR to have windshield replaced, they get to it on Monday. As long as I leave the Microwave Breaker off, everything works fine. Did some investigating and found WRV did not use stranded wire on movable places like slides, they used solid copper 12-3 or 14-3 wire. The NFPA and NEC both require stranded wire to be used in places where that circuit (wire) is going to move or be vibriated severely. They did not terminate it into a junction box and then splice in stranded wire, it just goes into a big bundle and is wrapped up in some manner and goes through and down into the basement. All the A/C wiring is CU solid wire in the slides, all three of them. Suspect the wire is broken someplace, rubbing on the nutral in the insulation or something like that which is causing this circuit to be bad. May have to remove counter top to gain access to the complete run of this curcuit so it can be replaced. Will replace the receptecal first to be safe.

Bob, my guess is you are mostly correct, the BH wants to go to the coast once the weather is better like July, and I want to go to Montana in the late July/Early August timeframe, so who knows.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #32

IIRC you duplicated the problem with a wiggle test at the receptacle? If yes, my guess is the receptacle replacement will fix the issue.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:46 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Actually, I wiggled the receptacle, and only when I pushed/pulled the wire did it trip. I am hoping that moved something in the receptacle, and that is all it will take. I will let all know on when I get home with it after changing all the receptacle's in the coach. Those RV ones are junk.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:01 PM   #34

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Coach at Kustom Coach

Monty,
My 05 has been at Kustom Coach for the last two weeks for an extensive remodel. Since you are headed there for repairs you might want to check out their work on our coach. I am scheduled to pick it up early afternoon Monday (the 14th) and would enjoy saying hello.

Jerry
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:17 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Jerry, won't be at their facility until Tuesday evening earliest, provided Coach Glass will let me drive it away when I arrive to get it from the new windshield on the P/S side. But, you could let me know what your itinerary is and we might be able to hook up on Tuesday, I am going to overnight in Coach Glass parking lot since they have 50a shore power, then head over to Kustom on Wednesday Morning.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:58 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
All - As I hoped the receptacle was bad, I could not see the burned contact in it until we actually changed it out and I could put it under good light. Also had Bobby take out dishwasher and make sure WRV did change the solid wire to stranded and they did. It's located in Junction boxes behind the dishwasher, and all those were tight and ok. So far, new P/S Windshield, Jeep Windshield, new receptacle, still have the A/C Dash unit and the leaking HWH fitting at Cummins Coburg on May 12th and then it's mostly done. Anyone want to buy it?

Tags
electrical