Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #1

Sometimes you don't notice things until other things pop up.

I was letting out the power cord (we have the cablemaster), when the motor died. It turned out that the cord got bound up, and stressed the motor to the point where it blew the fuse. After pulling fuses until I found the broken one (as I've mentioned in other posts, none of the fuse descriptions match what the fuses are really controlling) and replaced it. I managed to get the power cord unbound and plugged in and all was working well.

When I checked the Xantrex display later in the evening, I noticed there was an inverter/charger fault. The fault occurred sometime during the period that I was messing with the power cord. The fault was "29... Inverter/Charger Internal Failure; service required".

When I look at my Xantrex display on the battery status screen, it shows:

Battery Status
13.7V +0
Charger Output
13.6V (bar with no solid part)

The charger output will occasionally go to +2, but I think I remember in the past that it sometimes would go up higher than that.

Is there a way I can get a warm fuzzy that the Inverter/charger is working correctly?

gator67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #2

Sometimes you don't notice things until other things pop up.

I was letting out the power cord (we have the cablemaster), when the motor died. It turned out that the cord got bound up, and stressed the motor to the point where it blew the fuse. After pulling fuses until I found the broken one (as I've mentioned in other posts, none of the fuse descriptions match what the fuses are really controlling) and replaced it. I managed to get the power cord unbound and plugged in and all was working well.

When I checked the Xantrex display later in the evening, I noticed there was an inverter/charger fault. The fault occurred sometime during the period that I was messing with the power cord. The fault was "29... Inverter/Charger Internal Failure; service required".

When I look at my Xantrex display on the battery status screen, it shows:

Battery Status
13.7V +0
Charger Output
13.6V (bar with no solid part)

The charger output will occasionally go to +2, but I think I remember in the past that it sometimes would go up higher than that.

Is there a way I can get a warm fuzzy that the Inverter/charger is working correctly?

Old 08-23-2007, 05:04 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
I'm not sure about the Xantrex, as mine is a mess and being worked on at Coach Care, Irvine, but I had the same problem with the reel.

After the second incident of the fuse burning out when the reel bound, it fried my motor and I had to order a new one. It ought to arrive today or tomorrow. Camping World quotes 3/4 hour to install. However, it looks too easy to pass up a DIY job. It'll give me bragging rights. (Like and Alpine owner needs more bragging rights!)

P.S. The mess with the Xantrex was caused when McMahon's couldn't get the AC compressors to come on, so they bypassed the "brain" for the AGS, cut most of the wires loose, bypassed the thermostat and then wrote on the service paperwork "found loose ground, re-crimped".
Old 08-25-2007, 07:37 AM   #4

I had a similar inverter fault when shutting down the generator and had to clear the fault.

To clear the inverter fault, select RS2000, then scroll down until you reach "Clear Faults", then press Enter.
Wil Rathke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 04:10 PM   #5

Just for safety sake, check all your wiring for the cable reel!I had a problem with blowing fuses with the least resistance. Turns out, two wires were connected too close to each other and were shorting out. What a mess, melted part of the fuse box in the head, and a good part of the wires near the reel.

Bernie
02' 36FT Alpine
Pearland, Tx
Old 08-26-2007, 10:42 AM   #6

My concern was that the fault mentioned that service was required. I did clear the fault. I talked to a service person at WRV and he had me check the lights on the inverter (the charge light was on), and light 19 was on on my Vansco module, indicating (according to WRV) that the batteries are charged to at least 13.2 volts. Everything appears to be working okay, and I got my warm fuzzy.