Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
Entertainment Center

Just bought our second Alpine Coach. Got a 2006 36 FDTS. The entertainment center, left and right cabinets, have been canalbilized. Does anyone out there have a 2006 36 Limited who can post a photo of the equipment in both left and right side.
My left cabinet has a Sony DVD Home Theatre System (DAV DX150), a Roof/Portable dish switch and a Front or Back TV switch. It has a King Dome self locating dish but the switch is entirely different than what is in the Owners Manual (it is laying on the bottome self and there is a hole where the original should go). There is a big hole, approximately 2 1/4 X 13 on the bottom.
The right cabinet has the, Xantrex, Surge Guard and Holding Tanks monitors. Above the three is a 2 3/4 X 14 open hole.

Anything would help. (PS, it is somewhat like my old 2005, but different)

happycamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
Fleetwood Owners Club
Sounds like it's time to clean it all out sort the wires and start new with componets that you pick out and install

Mark Anderson - Nebo NC - western NC - RV Restoration tech - 9 Doggies - Outdoors person
1990 33ft Wilderness Cimarron 33X
nightriderrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Sounds like the PO in yours may have gotten creative, I can't help with the stock layout on your year but I do have experience with gutted entertainment centers. When we got ours the only thing hooked up was the park cable coax found in the wet bay, everything else was missing or just a tangled mess.

I used one of these to trace the coax and once I knew what all the coax was it was a simple matter to re-hookup all the mess to a new distribution box and both TVs.
The above post is just my experience/opinion which is worth exactly what you paid for it.

'05 Lance 845/'06 F-250 or '99 Alpine 36SDS Usually towing an '01 Wrangler locked on 35"s or moderate '98 Cherokee on 33"s (rear locker only)
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
I would assume that one of those empty openings is for the satellite receiver, since you didn't mention one. Some models had two satellite receivers, with a second one for the rear TV so that you could watch something different on the bedroom TV. Those openings are about the right size for a receiver, which vary in dimension depending on the model. Maybe the previous owner simply kept the satellite receivers for home use.

Instead of figuring out what is missing, I would suggest figuring out what you really want in there. I rebuilt the shelf box in there and put in a Directv DVR and OTA tuner, since the plasma TV in the '04's was just a monitor with no tuner.
Jim A
'04 Alpine Coach 36' MDDS
Jim A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree also just clean it all out sort the wires and build a system for your needs
Mark Anderson - Nebo NC - western NC - RV Restoration tech - 9 Doggies - Outdoors person
1990 33ft Wilderness Cimarron 33X
nightriderrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
The entertainment areas of our 36' FDTS wereconfigured exactly as you described. The two empty slots are for Direct satellite receivers, one an HD version and the other a non-HD.

We bought all new components through Amazon, including a DISH antenna, and had the shipments sent directly to Bobby Vodden and Scott Adams in Junction City, OR for the installation. The entire make-over was completed in three days and is far superior to the WRV and their OEM setup. As has been reported over and over in this forum, the work performed by these two master craftsmen is fantastic both in quality and functionality. Of course their work is not limited to electronics which is a specialty area for Bobby; but they really can do just about any remodeling project in your coach. Scott is an artisan when it comes to custom furniture creation; the quality of his work is truly exceptional. You will not be disappointed if you take the effort to schedule a trip through Junction City for a new entertainment center installation.

2006 Alpine 36' FDTS
Birddog Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote