Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:15 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
We have the same problem with out Apex, Also have a bad wind noise from Drivers Side window. Any suggestions as to reducing Side window noise?.
We also have a noise from the roof, can't really tell where its coming from, although at times we hear the Antenna slapping the roof in the wind. Sounds crazy but true!.
Dave

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2006, 03:37 PM   #16

Dave:
The entrance door wind is a continuing problem. However, you can substantially reduce the drivers side noise by covering the two weep holes with black tape.Just remember to remove them if it rains.

40' 2004 ALPINE COACH FDTS
chris cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:18 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Hi -

Not sure how applicable this is, but back when I could afford to own an airplane (boys and their toys, ya know...) I had an expandable door-seal on it. It replaced the original leaky doorseal and was connected to a handpump bulb (just like on a blood-pressure monitor) that you squeeze to inflate the seal and it then 'locked' against the door and its frame. Very simple in design, and also very effective.

Couldn't even begin to remember the name of the company, but I'm sure it - or something like it - is out there. If not, might be a good product to market again

HTH,
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:37 AM   #18

As far as the weep holes are concerned, you can get these plastic made "wind deflectors" that are made for the purpose of deflecting wind past the weep holes. They fit{snap in} on the outside of the coach weep holes and are 10 cents to a dollar apiece depending on the dealership.That made a major difference for me in the door area.
In your case,it sounds like more then just the usual front door wind noise that most of us have.There are always open area's where the heater hoses come through the floor in the back of the generator compartment to your front most heat register.This is never really well sealed up and I took some time to seal this up. Being on a dearship lot for a couple month's I noticed that all the other Alpines had the same situation.This was on the 2004 -2005 models.Of course It would be better to afix some sort of "wind sleeve" where the heater hoses and other wiring would fit through the inside and be shielded from the wind,but like everything, it would be another expense.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:15 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chris cross:
Dave:
The entrance door wind is a continuing problem. However, you can substantially reduce the drivers side noise by covering the two weep holes with black tape.Just remember to remove them if it rains. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks ,I will try that!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:15 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks, I will try that!
Old 11-17-2006, 04:29 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
While I was at the Factory last year they had covers for the weep holes. They only worked on the newer widows which have four weep holes on each window. The plastic cover clips onto the weep holes and stops the wind noise and they do not have to be removed when it rains. They only cost a couple of dollars each if I remember correctly. They did not work on my 01.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:06 PM   #22

Alpine Owners Club
Dave,My Apex came with covers over the weep holes on the drivers window.I also adj.my antenna's so they don't hit at high speed.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:28 AM   #23

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave Rikke:
We have the same problem with out Apex, Also have a bad wind noise from Drivers Side window. Any suggestions as to reducing Side window noise?.
We also have a noise from the roof, can't really tell where its coming from, although at times we hear the Antenna slapping the roof in the wind. Sounds crazy but true!.
Dave </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave,
Your not crazy! That slaping sound on the roof, near the tv antenna is most likly the cables that come from the antenna. I had the same problem. I used duct tape to hold them down and that was it!
Mule Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:38 PM   #24

Dave,

I had what sounded like the antenna hitting something. While at the factory service center for factory pickup, they told me the problem was a loose antenna, which they tightened up. However, the problem continued. So, when I crawled up there to check, I determined that the noise was from the cables slapping the metal sheet that the antennas are attached to. This metal sheet is attached to the roof with some offsets that elevate it about an inch above the fiber glass roof. My solution was to put a rubber bumper under the metal sheet between the metal sheet and the antenna cables.

Dale Dowdy
2006 Alpine Coach 36FDTS
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:33 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks Dale, I will give it a try!