Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #1

Entry Grab Handle/Porch Light Fuse??

Can anyone tell me which fuse?..I know I'm looking in the correct box but markings are not identifying it..'01 Alpine 38 ft..also,what is the tiny push button on the rt side of the steering column plastic sorround for??...Thank you and be well...PS..this is the most wonderful coach I have ever owned!! !!!
redredwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #2

Not sure about the fuse location since we have Vansco. But the push button on the steering column is likely your emergency flashers. That's what mine does - flash the turn signals.
Former Owner, 2005 Tioga 31M and Arctic Fox 22GQ
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:44 AM   #3

thanx,forester..this isnt 4-ways..it is a very small push button that is spring loaded..only presses in,then spring returns it out again immediately...no click,no detent,no nothin!! about the size of a click-top on an older cheapie ball point pen.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:04 AM   #4

I have an '01 and just checked - nothing like what you describe on my steering column. But it gave me an idea. My CANCEL doesn't work on my cruise control. If it's the switch on the steering wheel that's bad, I might be able to put a switch in parallel that I could use for CANCEL cruise control. Maybe somebody did such a thing on your steering column??
Old 08-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #5

..My cancel works fine..this button looks factory to me..FYI you can cancel by lightly tapping the brake pedal as well..I put a small piece of velcro on the on/off switch for speed control so I can feel it in the dark...I also have a small red indicator light centered between the 2 AC outlets above the radio...darned if I can figure out what that's for....after 35 + years in the trucking biz I have driven and seen everything imaginable...my coach was owned by a meticulous 70 year old and I doubt he would have assented to any type of jerry rigging...thanx and be well..
Old 08-09-2010, 01:14 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Redred:

My grab handle light is tied into the same circuit as the scare-light by the front door. Check that it is working. My lightbulb was burned out. It uses the little wedge bulb. Hope this helps.