Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2007, 01:40 PM   #1

Where does the two exterior lights, one on the left side of the coach and one on the right side turn on? From what switch?
Thanks
Joe Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2007, 01:40 PM   #2

Where does the two exterior lights, one on the left side of the coach and one on the right side turn on? From what switch?
Thanks
Old 08-05-2007, 04:29 PM   #3

Joe,

The exterior light switches are in different locations, depending on the year and model of your coach. What year and model coach do you have?

For example, on my 2006 Alpine Coach Limited 36FDTS the switch for passenger side exterior light is on the switch panel to the right side of the passenger chair.
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 04:59 PM   #4

Joe.....On our 04 36MDDS, Passenger side is to left of entry door and the drivers side is located in cabinet above table where generator, tank monitor panel is located. Switch is labeled SECURITY.
Mike & Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:45 PM   #5

Thanks for your replies, Dale Dowdy, Mike and Nancy. The SECURITY switch was the one I had not tried.
Thanks again for your help.
Joe Hamilton
Old 08-14-2007, 10:45 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
I was wondering the exact same thing! The previous owner had no idea what the Security switch was for, nor how to turn on the driver's side docking light. Will wonders never cease? Thanks!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:54 AM   #7

It took me a while to figure out the "security" switch....the dealer hadn't a clue. Mine is adjacent to the ac/heat thermostat. However, I guess I'm one of those "wonders". What is a docking light, what is it for, and where do you turn it on? I have an '05 36MDDS.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2007, 07:02 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
I think when we all hit the switch, we feel safer and sleep better
Old 08-15-2007, 07:18 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Docking lights are the bright lights on the sides of the coach. They are commonly used when maneuvering and backing in the dark, to see the side areas, like lights on boats for when they pull up to a dock in the dark.

Docking lights on many coaches only operate when the engine is running or with the key in the accessory position. Usually one switch controls both and is located on the dash.

On the Alpine, the bright side lights are really just like service lights on other coaches and flood an area beside the coach. However, I'm not sure whose idea it was to put the driver's side service light on a switch that was inside the coach, on the opposite wall and then label it "Security". It would be more reasonable if you could turn it on while outside, near the utility bay. It would help when trying to connect the utilities in the dark!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:04 AM   #10

When I first got our coach, I flipped that switch but nothing ever happened. I was feeling very insecure.
It was on my "hit list" when we finally got to Yakima and had never been wired to the light!
2005 40FDTS/#75220
2006 GMC Envoy toad
htg3 is offline   Reply With Quote