Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:04 AM   #1
I have been trying to reach anyone in service at the factory by phone and only the automated system picks up your calls. The extensions I have for service personel are no longer any good. Our motor home is in an RV repair place now that WRV sent us to. This may be very interesting.

2006 Apex

John  & Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
I have been trying to reach anyone in service at the factory by phone and only the automated system picks up your calls. The extensions I have for service personel are no longer any good. Our motor home is in an RV repair place now that WRV sent us to. This may be very interesting.

2006 Apex

John  & Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:41 AM   #3
Country Coach Owners Club
Acording to other posts on this forum, Alpine Coach has closed their doors.

I am trying to figure out how our 2006 Apex is going to be held together. My only "current" concern is they owe me MCD shades in the front of the coach.

I sincerely hope Guaranty is going to make sure this is done in the near future.

good luck to all of us
Jim and Sally & Rufus the Lakeland Terrier
2001, 40' Country Coach Affinity, towing a 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Carson City,NV, Surprise,AZ, Florence,OR
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
I've been putting off writing this for the last week or so in fear of retaliation from those with the "Don't rock the boat attitude" concerning Western R.V. But, here goes... Throughout the last year, after purchasing a new 36' FDTS in February of 2007, I received very poor customer service from WRV until finally in desperation and having the coach out of service for six month I voiced my opinions and concerns in this forum. As if by miracle, I started receiving phone calls from Phil Mattoon and even the new president Bob Wert. The very poor customer service did a complete turnaround, parts began arriving and the coach was finally out of the shop. From that point until about ten days ago things couldn't have gone better with my relationship with WRV, I was totally impressed with their commitment to customer service.

I had been working with Chris Pursley of Customer Service, one of WRV' bright and shining stars, to get a replacement SmarTire sensor and have our local R.V. repair shop do the installation and check out the roof which appears to be in the early stages of delamination. When I last talked with Chris on April 7 he said that he would be calling me the next day with the tracking information on the sensor. One thing led to another and I didn't get around to checking back with him until April 14. As you mentioned, John and Jeanne, all voice mail has been changed at WRV and the company operator informed me that neither Chris or Mark Harrah were working in customer service. I inquired about Ron Frazier and was told that he no longer was with the company. I then asked to speak with anyone in customer service and was informed that there was no one in customer service. All this didn't sound too good at this point, but wait, it gets worse and may indeed affect many of my fellow Alpine Coach owners.

The next issue I want to address is the lack of reimbursement to the customer for warranty repairs from WRV for work performed by repair facilities that had previous problems collecting from WRV. I had three months of work done on our coach by Cummins Cal Pacific here in El Cajon, CA and my bill was about $4,000.00 which I had to pay and then seek payment from Yakima. I was assured on numerous occasions that the payment would be forthcoming. Nearly four months later after being promised that my name had arrived at the "top of the list" for payment I have yet to see the check. WRV apparently writes checks each Friday and I had been told for the last month or so that my check was being processed. I have talked with Phil Mattoon and Bob Wert to no avail. I'm going to take a mini-pause now and call Bob Wert.

O.K., here's the final bit of information. I just called Bob Wert and indeed WRV has ceased all production, the company is closing. WRV is looking for someone to buy the company or put money into it. No one is going to get their money, parts or anything unless this happens. I repeat again, Western Recreational Vehicles has closed the doors. I told Bob that it looks like I and others can kiss their money goodbye and he basically said if that's the way you want to put it that is your right to do so. But, he also added that if, indeed, some entity were to take over at WRV then future payments customers would be considered at that time. Don't hold your collective breath on that one -- just look at National.

Well, folks, welcome to the real world of the impending recession and the trickle down effect on the recreational vehicle industry. Now we can go out and enjoy our 33,000 boat anchors and wonder who is going to pick up the bill for future coach maintenance. I'm glad I bought both Good Sam and Cummins extended warranties. Too bad they don't cover items manufactured by WRV. If there is anyone out there in "Alpine Land" who knows where we can buy that type of coverage I'd be interested in hearing from you.
I still believe we own one of the finest engineered motor coaches, it's really too bad that expertise didn't carry over into management.

Dick and Susan Bunting
San Diego, CA
2006 Alpine 36' FDTS
Birddog Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:34 AM   #5
WRV has been on credit hold with many vendors for over a year. No matter what they have told you regarding your parts.
Sloopy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:37 AM   #6
In December 2006, the founders sold Western RV to Monomoy Capital Fund L.L.C. in New York. I would start calling them.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:48 AM   #7
Monomoy Capital Partners LLC

Philip Von Burg

Richard Fish
Old 04-16-2008, 12:28 PM   #8
I have talked with Jim Hardy at Guaranty RV. He said Guaranty RV will sell extended warranties at reduced prices. Interested members should talk with Jim directly. He is out of town until April 21st.
:-) Kathy Nicholsen
Kathy Nicholsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:07 PM   #9
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Yakima Herald Article does not sound good.

Fred and Bonnie
2005 Dolphin LX 6375
Abby, Ruffles & Scarlett, "The Cats"
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:28 PM   #10
I guess our coaches are now more valuable. Now they're "<span class="ev_code_BLUE">COLLECTIBLE</span>"
Baja-tested '08 2-slide 36'
Alpine: The Ultimate DIY'er Project
EngineerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:28 PM   #11
Yeah. Right.
RoadRohrers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:29 PM   #12
Alpine Owners Club
WAY TO GO MIKE! There is always a SILVER LINING!
The Swans
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:54 PM   #13
Wow - my head is still spinning at this sad news.....

We just spent a couple of weeks getting factory service and they did an EXCELLENT job. Some things took a while, but everything was so well and so thoroughly done we didn't mind the wait. They had indeed improved the service immensely. We were so encouraged. And the new coaches have so many terrific improvements!

Two parts we needed to finish the work list still hadn't come in by last Wednesday, so we left to play in the Columbia River Gorge for a while. It seemed strange that the parts were so delayed, but it must have had something to do with the situation. I guess at this point we don't expect them ever to appear. We haven't even closed out the factory service work order! (although it was warranty work) Fortunately, neither part is critical, and one job we can probably get done at Camping World.

I had looked forward to posting a "Good Factory Service Experience" message once we got completely done.

All I can say is that we are just so thankful that we didn't delay our factory service appointment! The critical issues were all addressed. Our three year warranty is up on 4/26.

Well I hope something works out, because it seems such a pity for these wonderful coach designs not to be produced anymore.

36ft 2006 Alpine Coach FDDS
Audrey & John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #14
Wow! This is not good news. WRV owes me over $3000 that Mark Harrah authorized for repair of my galley countertop. And now my King Dome has failed after only 1-1/2 years.

What's a person to do?

2006 36FDDS

2006 Alpine 36 FDDS
sdcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote