Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #29

Monty,
Thanks for the feedback. We are headed to Vancouver on Thursday anyway so I will swing by and visit with them. And, if the pass is OK, I think I will even bring the trailer along to get a better estimate.
Steve

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrinklemeist View Post
We have an '05 Alpine 40FDTS that we bought in Arizona last summer. It has spent its whole life there. We are in Reno, much colder of course. I noticed today that two of the dual pane windows have lost their seal and have condensation inside. one of the windows is in the commode room in the frosted glass part of the window and the other is the window right beside the co pilot's seat. Is there a fix or can new windows be obtained somewhere? Thanks in advance for your input.
Mike in Reno
We had the foged windows. We called Dave Root and he came out to the camp ground
and fixed 6 windows. Did a great job. We were in La Pine, Or.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #31

I have made a list of locations for window repair and parts.
There are duplicates in some cases. I just add them as they pop up. Have not taken the time to edit it to date,something that need to be done.
See list below
RV Window info.
1-Foggy Window Repair
2-Window and Door Parts
3-Window replacement shop locator

http://www.rvglassexperts.com
Foggy Side Windows and Creepy Seal Fixed Here
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/TRAPSH%7E1.DRY/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/02/clip_image001.jpg[/IMG]
The RV Glass Experts can now repair or replace your side windows.
Are your RV windows fogged up? Is there an ugly, black seal hanging between the glass panes? Not only are these unsightly, but they can be visibility hazards.
With decades of expertise and two fully-equipped warehouse / service locations in Phoenix, Arizona and Eugene, Oregon, RV Glass Solutions is your one-stop resource for replacement and repair of defective side windows.
Though we can source replacement windows from virtually any manufacturer, purchasing a new window may not always be your best option! In many cases, repair of your existing windows will provide you a faster, more durable, and significantly less-expensive solution, than an OEM or aftermarket replacement.
We guaranty all window repairs against future leaks and creepy seal for two full years. And, in most cases, we can have your coach back on the road within 24 hours.
RV Glass Solutions offers side window repair and replacement in the following locations.
880 S. 67th Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85043

90 N. Polk St.
Eugene, OR 97402
888-777-6778
*Mobile service available in many surrounding areas.
To receive a free quote, set an appointment or get more information, please call us at (888) 777-6778
Fog free window info. Continued.
suncoastdesigners.com

FogFree Window Restoration: | FOGFREE SOLUTIONS

leervfogdr@yahoo.com : RVFogDr.com
Fog Dr.2210 Dodge Ave, Searcy, AR. 72143 Phone 501-278-3015

Bob Lindsey
Add RV Glass Solutions of Eugene OR, and soon to be open in Lakeland FL, plus Dave Root in Bend OR to your list. They both specialize in RV glass repairs.
Bob L.
Bob I shortened the link; it came back with an error, and thanks for your input. Dick
RV Windshield Replacement | Recreational Vehicle Windshield Replacement and Repair | RV Glass Solutions
www.daverootrvglass repair.com

Window and door Parts.
Some of the locations have a greater inventory then others, hope you can find what you may be looking for.
There are other locations with parts and some of these links supply the harder to find items.

http://www.parkin-acc.com/page2.html

http://www.pellandent.com/RV_Products_List.aspx?CategoryID=71

http://www.pellandent.com/RV_Products_List.aspx?CategoryID=35&gclid=CLCbzaTJ qaECFciA5QodWCrdDw

http://www.interstatemetals.com/cat_windows2.htm

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-locks/entry-door-window-frame.htm

Glass Replacement Shop Finder

AutoGlassSearch.com

RV Glass Repair In Your Area

Dick.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #32

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We are currently in the lot of Suncoast Designs in Hudson, Fl having 3 windows repaired. They have room for 18 RVs with water and 50 amp electric. Also, WI-FI.

A walk around the neighborhood notes all 18 spots are filled and 52 windows are out being repaired. All of us should be out in two days. The windows look very good installed.

They start working at 6:30 a.m. and are very efficient in removing and installing the windows. My 3 windows we out in less than 30 minutes.

One Monaco high end MH has 6 windows being done, but otherwise it is two to three per RV. And, no one brand except See-Ya (3) has more than two.

Thought I would pass it on for general information.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
I had Dave Root do the windows in my Providence a while back. After watching Dave and his helper spend all day doing that job, all I can say is it ain't no job for a lazy old goat like me. I wasn't the least bit tired after watching them. Dave did very good work at a reasonable price.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #34

As they say "the proof is in the pudding!" The redone windows look good but how will they look two or three years from now? Nothing against Mister Root--appears to be a fine fellow. But you really have to see/compare what Dave does out the back of his trailer Vs watching the process done in a factory setting, ie, with a clean room and sealing machines that control and condition the air sealed between the panes and that uniformally heat/compress the panes as they go thru the process. Cost is about the same but I am incline to go with the "factory" process--my two cents....
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #35

I also had good results with RV Fog DR. Great folks and they have a good indoor shop.
Wil Rathke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #36

We had Dave Root fix seven windows (driver's and passenger side windows and one behind the sofa) at the DRR in Quartzsite in January. There was no water visable between the glass, but all windows were tinted blue between the glass. We were impressed with his attention to detail.
Yes, Bend OR is normally where he can be found.

Roger & Liz
2005 36 middoor
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitari
Old 05-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoRV View Post
We have the same problem.....I understand that the rigs are prone to such what with all the bouncing, swaying, etc......I guess that puts a lot of strain on the seals.
I will be very interested in what answers you get.
We were wondering (ours are all in the movable portion of the window - the slider side) if we couldn't just lift the affected portion of the window out and take it to just any window shop?
Hi Mo Rv, It is strange that the slide window went bad. We have a 99 Alpine that has gone bad EXCEPT for the slide window. We replaced the other 2 peices in the left side of the cockpit this past fall. $1000. parts and labor, $880 was glass. This is ridiculus. The place someone mentioned inArkansas is" RV Fog Doctor", Searcy, Ark. That is on hiway 67 about 100 miles southwest of Poplar Bluff, Mo. I would think that slide window would come out fairly easy. I am well aquainted in your area, but cannot think of a good shop in Warren or St Charles Co. Maybe St Louis. best wishes, old trucker
Old 05-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #38

Alpine Owners Club
Of note, in reading the latest FMCA magazine, SeGi windows and Newell have enterented into an agreenment for a recall, as certian windows will fail and they have agreed to replace them. So, maybe a class action suit against SeGI, since it seems they are still in business, and many of us are getting stiffed. To date, we have spent close to 2000 dollars in fixing ours. Oh, heck, it's most likly to old, but the coaches in question are 2005-2009 Newells, so maybe not.

Old Rv'er is offline   Reply With Quote