Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:00 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
All, found a filter in the propane compartment, assume it's a hydraulic system filter. Don't have spare, so left it alone. Found the Fuel-filter water/seperating filter back in the air cleaner bay, and drained the unit to make sure no water was present. I have read there are other fuel realated filters, which I have not found. Does anyone here do their own oil changes on the Cummings ISL-400 engine? If so, please pass along your procedure, since I have not done one of these big ones before. My old Ford truck used to take 15Qts oil w/new filter. Are there other filters I need to find-inspect-change down the road?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2008, 07:00 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
All, found a filter in the propane compartment, assume it's a hydraulic system filter. Don't have spare, so left it alone. Found the Fuel-filter water/seperating filter back in the air cleaner bay, and drained the unit to make sure no water was present. I have read there are other fuel realated filters, which I have not found. Does anyone here do their own oil changes on the Cummings ISL-400 engine? If so, please pass along your procedure, since I have not done one of these big ones before. My old Ford truck used to take 15Qts oil w/new filter. Are there other filters I need to find-inspect-change down the road?

Old 05-15-2008, 07:13 AM   #3

The fuel filter in my propane compartment (high up on forward bulkhead) is for the fuel line back to my Hydro-hot system. The filter gets changed once a year when the HH diesle burner is cleaned.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #4

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort http://www.twospringsrv.com/
Here is a source for theHydroHot fuel filter.

Old Rv'er, PM me. I have 2 1/2 years of full time experience in the APEX coach and lots of info on problems, maintenance, etc.
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:52 AM   #5

Maybe there are some Apex problems you missed (maybe not) and I can cover. 22,000 miles. Always avalible to help
Jim
Old 05-15-2008, 02:07 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Old-Rv'er- I just finished changing all my filters. You will find another fuel filter mounted on the right (passenger side) of the engine block. Make sure to fill both of the engine fuel filters with fuel prior to replacing them.

My engine oil system requires 24 quarts when changing out the filter and crankcase . Again, fill the new filter with oin prior to replacing.

There are also 3 filters in the large hydraulic cannister located in the engine compartment. They can be accessed after draining the cannister.
toad 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:09 AM   #7

I have seen it posted on other RV forums that Cummins now recommends that you do NOT pre-fill the fuel or the oil filters when changing them. Electronic engines only require two or three times to turn the ignition key to the ON (not start) position, leaving it on for about 20 seconds each time. This fills the fuel filter. Not filling the oil filter apparently results from the difficulty in handling it when it is full...more likely to spill it and drop engine crud into it when it is full.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
are there 2 fuel filters on a ISC 350 HP engine as well?

Moorpark, CA
work2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 03:45 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Hello Work2Play:

On the ISC 350 there is only one fuel filter a Fleetguard FS 1022.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave Fernandez:
Hello Work2Play:

On the ISC 350 there is only one fuel filter a Fleetguard FS 1022. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of us have had a second one installed as extra insurance at the recommendation of Cummins tech.

Barb

Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote