Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:37 PM   #15

I want to thank all for the comments. I think I have a great coach and am so excited to get it!!! I can hardly sleep until its time for me to go and get it!! I am still working and hope to retire in about 15 months but once I get this coach home it will be very hard to go to work!!!! I will want to jump in and hit the road to wherever and allover!!!! I am really looking forward to retirement and I don't think I willl be bored at all.

I will be posting in the future and I hope to meet some of you people on the road. Please help me as I learn and I will help when I can once I get some Alpine experience.

Thanks for this forum

Vtxbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #16
Alpine Owners Club
You've definately come to the right place. Welcome!

Janet and Todd Legg
2006 Alpine Apex M-40FDQS #75594
2014 Honda CRV w/navi
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:55 PM   #17
Alpine Owners Club
I agree with Mel and Lorene in that an extended warranty may be of benefit as there are some big ticket items that have the potential to break down. We purchased Extra Ride policy and have used it several times this year without problems with the claims. Several of the companies doing repairs on our coach have said they are by far the best to work with on claims. E-mail me and I would be happy to full you in on additional information.

Steve & Diane Davis
2006 40' Apex FDQS
casper124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #18
Loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well we have closed the deal and have spent 3 nights in the coach at Pensacola Beach Rv resort. We love it!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the ticket. We did have some teachable moments once we got to the campground. The water hook up was first. I connected to the flush connection and thus could not get water inside the coach. I heard the water going in and it was flushing the tank. The taps were not marked and I will take care of that when I get home. The second problem was the power. When I plugged in the shore power it would not transfer to the coach. This coach has the xantrex power controller and it is kinda complicated( to me). I called the dealer and he sent someone out to the site and it was determined the xantrex controller somehow was diabled. I think when we were looking it over some buttons got pushed that should not have. Anyway we enabled it and then went to inverter power, then started the generator and after a time delay it switched to gen power. We shut down the gen and it switched back to inverter power, then we plugged in shore power and turned on the breakers and it switched to shore power. Life is good now!!!!! Of course all this was done on the coldest night in 20 years in Pensacola Beach (16 degrees). I need to read the xantrex manual and get a firm grip on its operation. We had several power outages due to the cold weather and it switched perfectly. I have found a few minor problems but the coach is more than I was expecting. It is a great machine, we love it!! We also love Pensacola Florida!!! Great food and so much to see and do. If you haven't been here you need to make plans to come. Sorry for the long post.
Vtxbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
You just bought a hot rod!!

Congrats and welcome to the Alpine forum

Tom, Patty, Hannah "The Big Dog" and Abby Kat, Indianapolis, Indiana 2000 36' FDS 72232 Our Photos
We live out in our old van. Travel all across this land. Drive until the city lights dissolve into a country sky, me and you - hand in hand.
Tom and Patty is offline   Reply With Quote