Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:49 AM   #15

Audrey- Icemaker has a solenoid that has to kick open to allow water to flow (this is where the water line hits the fridge). It has to have power, actually more like "signal" since power has to be switched to it when water is demanded, so a) demand has to occur @ the icemaker, b) demand has to translate to voltage to the solenoid. THEN, the solenoid has to actually open the water valve; if there is debris in the line, it can pinch the solenoid valve & keep it from opening. I solved this on my fridge by removing the valve, blowing it out w/compressed air, putting voltage to it, & blowing it out again, & voila!- operating valve. Hope its that simple.
Here is a link to the Dometic Master service manual; ice maker info starts @ numbered page 30:
Dometic Master Service Manual
Check under the slides where hydraulic lines actuate. The hydraulic hoses are notorious for leaking due to bad end cuts and/or crimps. Why this simple thing continues to be a problem I can't fathom, but once you get good hoses (which you may have already) they seem to stay good.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2005, 07:44 PM   #16

Thanks Mike.

Lo and behold, this morning ice appeared in the refrigerator, so I guess we just had to be patient after we turned on the valve to the fridge.

MHSRV got all the fridge water connections fixed and tightened. They also located and fixed the hydraulic leak on the leveler.

Audrey

Old 04-28-2005, 07:48 PM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Audrey & John:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wayne Routhier:
With shore power disconnected did the Gen start when the roof AC was turned on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh thanks! We'll test that today.

Audrey </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tried it. Didn't work. We didn't want to stay any longer at the dealer today, so we'll address it later. Sometimes the climate control display has AGS flashing on one of the modes so I wonder if something has to be configured there too.

Audrey
Old 04-28-2005, 08:04 PM   #18

We finally left the dealer today. They were able to resolve all our issues in the morning, and we were able to get our towed wiring straight. (Well, the jury is still out on the battery fill issue)

We drove down the interstate for about 20 miles into some very high and blustery winds and then on some smaller 2 lane highways and through a couple of small towns and finally down a very narrow rural road to a State Park. But we made it! And we fit nicely into a treed, curved, sloping campsite - no problem. Finally really camping again even if in pretty darn upscale style. Our paint job acts like a kind of camouflage when the coach is parked in the trees. We deliberately picked a "nature" palette - and it seems to have worked!

Thanks for all the good advice - it has really helped.

Audrey & John

P.S. For those who know anything at all about birds, you can only imagine how thrilled we were to find out about the rediscovery of the Ivory-billed Woodpecker on this our maiden voyage in our new home.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:21 AM   #19

Audrey & John, AGS= Automatic Generator Start, AGS needs to be on for the gen to start on AC demand and off when plugged in. The AGS control panel also needs to be set to automatic.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 03:49 AM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cedar41:
Audrey, Email me a photo of the TV set up so I can see if it is like ours. I kind of have a handle on that issue.

Lana </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks! Well we read the WRV manual (duh!) and pretty much figured it out although using 3 remotes is highly annoying. I know I've read of someone using a Universal remote on this forum and well see about that when we get a chance.

By the way, the remote sensor is mounted on one of the speaker brackets underneath the overhead cabinets and the position is not good for pointing the remote without standing up. We need to move this sensor.

Audrey
Old 05-03-2005, 04:06 AM   #21

We're now parked at La Hacienda RV Park which is on the Hudson's Bend of Lake Travis, just west of Austin. We'll be here while we move out of our house. I must say this is some very comfortable living - way more comfortable than our house every was. The furniture and bed are more comfortable, and the shower is wider, and we are really enjoying the large windows.

A few issues still, some new.

The water in our system tastes terrible - slightly smells and tastes like perfumed soap. I guess whatever winterizer they put in the system hasn't cleared out yet and we'll have to flush things including the fresh water tank - who knows what's in there. We thought the system would have been flushed out by now. We didn't taste the water at the dealer because we expected it to be bad there.

The battery fill system - confirmed yesterday that the floats are wrong. Also we discovered that the battery fill reservoir was empty, and then we discovered why - it has a leak where the small pump attaches to the tank.

The one hydraulic jack started leaking again. It's not leaking nearly as much, but it's leaking.

It looks likely that the black and gray water tank level indicators are swapped. The black tank level has been climbing and is showing close to full, while the gray water tank has been showing only half full for several days now. From our water usage that doesn't make sense. We haven't dumped the tanks yet (amazing - a whole week without dumping), but will do so today and see what the indicators say.

Audrey
Old 05-03-2005, 05:41 AM   #22

They were reversed on our too.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:37 AM   #23

re: water tank, I'd hook up the hose to coach, pour 2-4 cups of bleach in hose, fill tank, run H2O to all fixtures till you smell bleach, dump tank, fill tank, run water to all fixtures till bleach smell goes away, dump tank, fill tank.
Obviously this goes best where a) got plenty of dumping capacity (i.e. facility is not on septic tank), and b) got good water.
You can also use baking soda; use a lot if you do.
Keep the news coming; sorry to hear you had such a lousy house till now ;-)
Old 05-03-2005, 11:40 AM   #24

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cedar41:
They were reversed on our too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well the indicators are not reversed after all. We dumped the tanks and the black tank indicator went to empty first, and then the grey - same as our order of dumping.

The thing is that the grey water tank indicator never got past 1/2 full and this seemed strange to me. We looked at the tanks today and noticed that the gray tank is a big vertical L shape, so that might explain the non-linearity of the fullness indicator. I guess we'll keep experimenting.

Audrey
Old 05-03-2005, 11:47 AM   #25

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EngineerMike:
Keep the news coming; sorry to hear you had such a lousy house till now ;-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well the leather furniture in the coach is way more comfortable than our house furniture, the countertops are much nicer, the lighting is better, the TVs are better (never really watched HD TV before - wow!), our mattress at the house seriously needed replacing so the bed in the coach is better. And the windows both in terms of the nice high view and the double pane/solar tint are way better than the house. So yes, I guess we had a lousy house.

Audrey
Old 05-03-2005, 12:38 PM   #26

Cool, glad to here you are enjoying your coach. I just got back on the road today. We are headed to Sulpur LA to a RC Helicopter meet. 50 miles down the road I was reminded why I bought my coach. It is so much fun to drive.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 02:23 PM   #27

Was HDTV an option for 2006? I do have a optional 26" flat LCD screen from Sharp AQUOS but is not HDTV.

David
05 34FDDS
Old 05-03-2005, 03:14 PM   #28

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rockcj:
Was HDTV an option for 2006? I do have a optional 26" flat LCD screen from Sharp AQUOS but is not HDTV.

David
05 34FDDS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This was an option in 2005 also. The Sharp AQUOS LCD TV is an HDTV. The 26 inch should have "HDTV-compatible resolution of 1366 x 768" according to Sharp. We have the 32" Sharp AQUOS LDC TV. Western RV kept installing bigger and bigger units as the year went on.

All the 2005 brochures I saw listed LCD TV plus HD satellite receiver together as an option. We have an RCA DirectTV HD Receiver. Some of the 2005 models had a Hughes unit.

We're picking up off-air PBS HD channels - our favorite kind of programming (we're into nature shows). The nature shows look spectacular in the wide screen format and high resolution.

Here is one link I found. This is probably not your exact unit, but the monitor specs should be the same for all LC-26xxxx series I guess. Sharp Acquos LC-26GA4U

Audrey