Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2010, 12:12 PM   #1

FMCA & CFN fuel system

I've been using CFN for fueling at truckstops for many years. Just got a letter from the CFN provider (Jankovitz) that they would no longer be part of the FMCA program as of May 1. Anyone know of another card-lock type system (which is what CFN is) available to RVers??
Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
CFN

I have been using cfn for years, you can get your own CFN card by calling 800 590 4321. Not all cfn offices will work with a private party but this office in Kalispell, Montana will. I have send me a statement every month and bill it to my credit card. Hope this helps Chris Cratch aka Pathfinder
chris cratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #3

How do CFN prices compare now days? My experience 12 or more years ago was not very positive, price wise. I would like to have something that is better than the 2 large truck fuel up stations. I have been routed into to many RV pumps that were difficult to exit.
Beagle RC Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
FMCA I believe still has an agreenment with Flying J, which we try to use when availalbe. I just pull into the big rig area and let the fuel desk I am an RV, paying cash with a Flying J card. Sometimes I have to go in first, but I get the cash price plus a discount from the fuel based on the card. I see lots of regular filling stations with cheaper prices, but getting my 40' rig w/toad into some of those would be a job, so I just eat the higher price and use them. Luv's, Travel Centers of America, and other large fueling stations have a rewards program, so you can use the one of your choice.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:26 AM   #5

Thanks Chris for the info on the Kalispell CFN office. I'll call them this week.
Over the past years, I've found that CFN prices were about the same as Flying J, at least on the west coast. I still use Flying J (truck lanes only) whenever I can and stay away from CFNs that are behind regular gas stations. Checked with Love's and their reward program is for professional drivers only.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:00 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
We have used Pacific Pride for many years without any problems. In fact you can even get emailed statements if you use Petro Card which I believe is out of the Seattle area. There are many locations in the Northwest.
Doug & Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote