Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2007, 01:43 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Hi All,

Just a quick note to let you all know that we held our Focus Group meeting on Wednesday, 8/8. In attendance from WRV were Richard Fish, Burk Morgan and Dave Frampton (head of Engineering and Production). Thanks to all of you and your wonderful input, I think we covered some important stuff and had great discussions with Richard, Burk and Dave.

Since it has been a few years since the last meeting, we had a long list, though I have to tell you that some of the items we talked about here on the Forum were incorporated into the 2008s. They really are listening!!

Along with John and I, the other Focus Group members are all owners of units that were delivered within the last 8 months to ensure that we weren't spending time on things that have been addressed already. In the event you have any further input for us, the other members are: Dale & Dixie Gerstel, Tom & Stephanie Gonser, Ed & Pat Meadows, Hugh & Cindy Reed and Ted & Kay Watts. Please feel free to contact any of us with additional suggestions.

Again, thank you all for your valuable input!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2007, 01:43 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Hi All,

Just a quick note to let you all know that we held our Focus Group meeting on Wednesday, 8/8. In attendance from WRV were Richard Fish, Burk Morgan and Dave Frampton (head of Engineering and Production). Thanks to all of you and your wonderful input, I think we covered some important stuff and had great discussions with Richard, Burk and Dave.

Since it has been a few years since the last meeting, we had a long list, though I have to tell you that some of the items we talked about here on the Forum were incorporated into the 2008s. They really are listening!!

Along with John and I, the other Focus Group members are all owners of units that were delivered within the last 8 months to ensure that we weren't spending time on things that have been addressed already. In the event you have any further input for us, the other members are: Dale & Dixie Gerstel, Tom & Stephanie Gonser, Ed & Pat Meadows, Hugh & Cindy Reed and Ted & Kay Watts. Please feel free to contact any of us with additional suggestions.

Again, thank you all for your valuable input!
Old 08-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #3

Suzanne and I wish we were there, but that was not to be. I would like for your group to consider one issue for the focus group. I understand it is for users input on what are and are not good changes to new models given experience of new owners. However, I believe there is a need for input on customer service. I do not mean a complaint session about what is and is not functioning on coaches, but rather how customer service can be improved overall to help all coach owners. So I would request that that be a focus issue or yet another group at rallies to meet with WRV to positively and constructively address this issue. I bring it up to you as the focus group is probably the place to address WRV on this subject. I am positive on Alpine and have not been one to complain and don't want to start now, but I believe constructive input on this subject would be beneficial to all involved. Over the last 60 days my coach has set in an RV shop and it has not been a smooth situation with WRV customer service. I will get my issue resolved, but there are lessons to be learned by WRV with appropriate and constructive input. I believe this is crucial as more and more coaches are in service.

John Tripp
Old 08-10-2007, 06:35 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
John,

Thank you for bringing up the customer service issue. We actually addressed customer service first before we were distracted by anything else. We will continue to work with WRV management to address the issues, but please do let us know (all of you) whether you are seeing improvement.

Gail
Old 08-12-2007, 02:55 AM   #5

During my scheduled visit for service on our new 06 Apex we had 53 items of which 10 were chassis issues and 43 were cosmetic (still not completed). They managed to fix 5 correctly. Major issues had to be addressed by the actual installer (eg. HWH). I think the one person they have for point of contact for coaches does the best job he can. The opportunity for WRV lies with the skill level of the tech's and better quality control in manufacturing. Am I happy with the coach yes ? Am I happy with service, no it is almost non exsistant. I would have loved to give you input for your focus group.

Jim and Kathy
06 Apex
05 Jeep Rubi Limited(Sahara #420)
Florida
midflajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:54 AM   #6

Gail & John,

Since only a very, very small group attended the recent focus group, the large remainder of us have no idea what was presented or how WRV responded. It would be really helpful to the rest of us if you would ITEMIZE what was presented and how WRV responded for each item -- in summary form, of course, for brevity.

Can you do that? Thanks,
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:07 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Dale, I think Gail & John are now out of the country for a short time and can't respond to your request. You might send her a private message to respond on the forum when she returns.

We missed you guys at the Rally. It was really great and the largest pre-rally to date! Hope to see you at the Balloon Festival!
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:23 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
I should clarify that the panel members chosen for the Focus Group were not only recent purchasers of Alpines, but were known to be registered for Newport since that is where we were holding the meeting.

On the customer service issue, WRV has assured us that they are working diligently on training and organization to improve the service we are getting, both in repair work and parts availability. This is going to take some time, so please try to be patient...but, we still want to hear if you are experiencing better service over these next months.

Dale, I will tell you that our list was very long, including all of the items that I have seen on IRV2 over these last many months, plus items each of the FG members submitted, plus items folks have told us individually. Some were discarded by the FG members as too geared to personal preference by a small minority of people. We, the FG members, are now going through the process of ranking all of the remaining items to allow WRV to address them in order of importance.

Concerning WRV's response to each item, this meeting was only for general discussion (over 4 hours worth), and we won't have actual responses from them on individual items until they have a chance to do a thorough evaluation of the viability of each item. We won't have that information for several months.

Hope this helps!

ps...thanks, Swans, but I did have a chance to see this, as we are not leaving until tomorrow morning.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:30 AM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Oops! I thought you left today! Have a great trip! We are on our way back to Guaranty!
#75710.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:34 AM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
On, no...not another trip to Guaranty! I sure hope they get you fully fixed one of these days soon!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 07:45 AM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Look on th bright side ... we will go Berry picking again! :&gt If WRV would do what they were suppose to do & get parts to them we wouldn't have to keep going! There will be one more big visit this winter!
#75710.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:34 PM   #12

For those that were not able to be part of the focus group and those that are wondering how WRV responded, as Gail said, it will take time for them to evaluate the list and rankings. I will tell you this, that as a member of the FG, I felt that Richard Fish and all of WRV are committed to improving both in manufacturing quality and the product overall. They all took extensive notes during the meeting and asked us to clarify what we were looking/asking about. I felt that they will make every effort to improve. I did not get the sense that this was just lip service, otherwise they would not have invested over 16 hours of their time(4 plus hours times 4 WRV people) Richard Fish voiced our concerns too in many areas.

Change takes time but I think the company is committed.
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote