Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
Fogged Window Repair - RV Fog Dr.

I just had my fogged windows repaired by RV Fog Dr. in Searcy, AR. They removed, disassembled, repaired and reinstalled 7 of my windows. I rate their workmanship very high. They have an outstanding facility with a 6 bay air conditioned garage.

2005 38FDTS
2011 Ford Edge
Fredericksburg, TX
Wil Rathke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #2

How are the facilities there for camping while they do the work? Did you find enough to keep you busy during the day? How long were you there? Is their place secure? Any problems at all?
I'm scheduled in September for 10 windows.

Oldkarphart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Jerry and Judy Davis
Fremont, California
05-06 36'FDDS
toad 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #4
RV Fog Dr has a large air conditioned shop with 6 side by side bays. The floor is painted so they don't let you run your A/C inside because the condensate water would make the floor to slick to walk on. They have 50A inside for each bay. We ran the A/C fan only and stayed inside some. They also have a waiting area with 1 channel TV. There are full 50A hookups outside the 6 bays. We were not concerned about security at night. We arrived on Tuesday PM and departed Thursday morning. We visited a nearby shopping center during the day. Searcy is a college town and larger than we expected.

I would suggest getting a quote but we were charged $300 for the first window and $200 for each additional window. They repair all window panes of a unit even if they are not fogged.
2005 38FDTS
2011 Ford Edge
Fredericksburg, TX
Wil Rathke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:07 PM   #5
Save your money and buy new windows, I had two windows done and both are screwed up. Now I have to buy new windows so what I paid then is thrown away.
chastho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:07 PM   #6
Well out West the got to guy is Dave Roots. Last year I had 9 fixed in my driveway then the first of March he made a return trip to my home to do the ticket window both trips 200+ miles from Bend Or.
Home Page
If you have to ditch the glass something is wrong
2 stroker
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series, Samsung 197 RR
Cat C9--STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings
SilverLeaf 330 Magnum 2812 PSW 2011 Ford Edge Sport-Air Force One
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:23 PM   #7
Alpine Owners Club
I had RVFogDR 4 windows in February, their facility is climate controlled, they have 50 full hookups outside the shop, we stayed 1 night and were not concerned about security, they did the work the next morning and we were on our way by 3 PM. We stayed with the coach while they did the work with no problems. The night before we went to the Whistle Stop for great BBQ and entertainment, one of the RVFogDR tech, Ronnie, plays there on Tuesdays, we were VERY glad we went.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Dave, Bobbi and Fenway

Dave, Bobbi and Fenway
2005 38' FDTS Alpine Limited, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Cape Cod, MA
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote

repair, window