Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:03 AM   #1

Follow Up to King Controls throttle problem

Thanks to all who offered advice on my lack of throttle response problem.

And a special thanks to Brett Wolfe for supplying Steve Toler's name and current phone number.
Steve answers the phone (even on Saturday mornings) and was very helpful.

My intermittent problem turned out to be a loose ground wire inside the throttle control actuator.

With Steve's guidance we were able to find the problem quickly and repair it in a few minutes.

The advice from this forum helped me avoid the cost or towing the coach to a shop and paying a tech to try to trace down an intermittent electrical problem.

That could have been very expensive. Thanks for the help. I can now apply the money I saved to other unresolved issues.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2016, 09:40 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You know... I keep saying we RVers often have a few screws loose (And some loose nuts in the RV world too) I see you found yet another one.

And yes folks. the statement is a half-joke. The joke part is how you read it, the non-joke part is we really DO have a problem (Even as the O/P did) with loose screws.. I had several in my 120 volt power center which were driving me batty till I tightened them,,, The loose nuts bit comes from another RVer who had that problem in his 12 volt system. I had one of those too on a slide out.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:14 PM   #3

Throttle Problem

I have the same problem. Could you send that phone number or tell what I need to do to fix the problem. Also what year and model is your coach.
Alpine Road Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:27 PM   #4

King Control. Steve Boler. 22250 Glyview Trail, Faribault MN 55021, 507-334-0250 try 952 944-9644 FIRST. Steve@cruisecontrolking.com

www.cruisecontrolking.com
Old 02-06-2016, 08:37 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Alpine Road Warrior,
The King Control unit was only on the 1998 and a few 1999 coaches. When WRV started using the ISC engine, the King Control add-on was no longer needed.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:54 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Follow Up to King Controls throttle problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
You know... I keep saying we RVers often have a few screws loose (And some loose nuts in the RV world too) I see you found yet another one.

And yes folks. the statement is a half-joke. The joke part is how you read it, the non-joke part is we really DO have a problem (Even as the O/P did) with loose screws.. I had several in my 120 volt power center which were driving me batty till I tightened them,,, The loose nuts bit comes from another RVer who had that problem in his 12 volt system. I had one of those too on a slide out.

A few years ago I went through the entire coach tightening EVERYTHING associated with the electrical system. I started at the Progressive surge protector (option we added), the transfer switch, 120 V AC power panel, 12 V DC power panel, solar panel controller, generator cable junction box (mounted on ceiling in generator compartment), I also went through the inverter connections and tightened the connectors on the Vanscos. I found many loose (required 1/4 turn or more) connections. Since then the ethereal issues have flown the bat cave. Obviously there are many others that I have not yet touched, I went after what I saw as the "infrastructure", addressing others as I come across them.

I have over the years also worked on reducing the "excess" cabling that WRV so graciously provided us. I think WRV developed a cable harness for the 40' coaches with 2' - 4' of "extra" cable per run, then used that same harness for all other size coaches, coiling the excess in cabinets and blind spaces. In our 38 footer I have found an average of 4' extra per run, as well as many unused cables. On our coach (2005 38' FDTS) the hidden cabinet below the pantry was a copper mine, just slightly ahead of the A/V cabinet (I should have sold the excess) this also forced me to replace connectors, continuing my quest to tighten everything.

DrDaveMA is online now   Reply With Quote