Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:56 PM   #1

http://www.arvinmeritor.com/tech_lib.../mm2075(2).pdf

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2007, 07:56 PM   #2

http://www.arvinmeritor.com/tech_lib.../mm2075(2).pdf

Old 07-20-2007, 08:50 AM   #3

Beag- you give good link.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:45 PM   #4

Beagle:
I found this a couple of weeks ago. Problem is it only discusses the Quadraulic Brakes, made by Arvin-Meritor. What about the other part of the system? I'm talking about the Hydramax master cylinder. the Hydromax is made by another company, Bosch, I believe. Most people on this forum are concerned, as I am, about the excessive brake pedal pressure needed. So who do we go to for needed help? Arvin Meritor or Bosch? I vote for the Bosch unit. It has to build up the needed pressure to squeeze the calipers together. I have called Bosch and they have assigned a case number to my problem, but that is all, so far. Will keep you posted.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:25 PM   #5

Stretch, your right, I found this in my favorites and forgot how it got there. Thanks.
I am acquiring as much of this info as possible so that it will be available when I need it. If the information on different components is with the coach then it will be available to mechanic/tech if I am not able to do the job. A good example of this is the couple who are waiting for the WRV to fax diagrams of hose routing to get a hose replaced. This information should be available to all of us and dealer for sure should have it. I cringe at the thought of ever having to go into a dealer to have work done. We recently had a dealer do the recall on the dometic refer. Tech blew the refer fuse and did not know where to find the fuse! Also, the baffle that was install around the flame unit was so badly installed that I am going to redo the work. Yikes! Time to stop venting.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:05 PM   #6

Beagle:
I completely understand how you feel. Most dealers mechs are not much good. And I hate to have them messing with my coach. So I almost nevr go to them. I do all of my own maint. I changed the rt front airbag. Not that bad of a problem once you get it jacked up, safely. Of course I do all of my own preventive maint. Only way to go. This brake thing has me stumped. Whats crazy is I have this same system on our SUV and the pedal is so sensitive that it takes little more foot pressure than the throttle pedal. I would like to know how to increase the hydraulic fluid pressure to the Hydromax.