Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Front headlights changed to BMW E39 series headlights

Perfect fit 2 hrs labor and they are much brither than stock
USA DEPO BMW E39 5 SERIES UHP 60 LED Per ANGEL P39 HEADLIGHT CCFL M5

USA Depo BMW E39 5 Series UHP 60 LED per Angel P39 Headlight CCFL M5 Free SHIP | eBay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	old lights.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	28122   Click image for larger version

Name:	new lights.jpg
Views:	697
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	28123  

Glen Rock, NJ & Glamis, Ca
Rippenrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #2

Very Nice! Were the original BMW and a upgrade?
Old 10-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
Very Nice! Were the original BMW and a upgrade?
From what i have read on the forum they were stock bmw headlights installed from the factory
Old 10-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
From what I see, it appears there are no yellow turn signals. Also, what did you hook-up the halo lights to... use them for daytime running lights? Does your '01 have Vansco? My questions are prompted because the my '05 Vansco is programmed to turn on the headlights at a lower voltage as "daytime running lights". But, I'll have to do something soon; my plastic lenses are really scratched up.
zinom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #5

Very nice!!! I illuminated "Halo" rings (aka: angel eyes) are a cool mod. Popular with BMW guys.

Those are like what you would find on a BMW M5, and their other performance versions. There are tons of different style aftermarket projector/non projector lights for these.....including ones with chrome reflector surrounds (yours are black), to ones red/blue/green Halo rings.
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinom View Post
From what I see, it appears there are no yellow turn signals. Also, what did you hook-up the halo lights to... use them for daytime running lights? Does your '01 have Vansco? My questions are prompted because the my '05 Vansco is programmed to turn on the headlights at a lower voltage as "daytime running lights". But, I'll have to do something soon; my plastic lenses are really scratched up.
I installed amber light bulbs for my turn signals and wired the halo rings to my marker lights Halos are on all the time in any lights on position
Old 10-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
From what I see, it appears there are no yellow turn signals.
Maybe there is a yellow bulb inside it.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
Maybe there is a yellow bulb inside it.
Yep, I used the same DEPO E39 lights on mine. You need to use amber bulbs in the turn signals. I used amber LED bulbs to they would still show clear when off, as opposed to the slight amber color from the glass bulb.

The LED halos are a nice touch. I also wired mine into the running lights, but someday would like to connect them to a circuit that is hot whenever the ignition is on.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippenrick View Post
Perfect fit 2 hrs labor and they are much brither than stock
USA DEPO BMW E39 5 SERIES UHP 60 LED Per ANGEL P39 HEADLIGHT CCFL M5

USA Depo BMW E39 5 Series UHP 60 LED per Angel P39 Headlight CCFL M5 Free SHIP | eBay
Some folks had to clip the tabs on E39 replacement headlights. Did you have to do that to make your E39's fit? Also, has anyone had any difficulty using the BMW E39's on a '07-'09 vintage Alpine? Jim&MaryJo (Anaheim Hills CA) selected a 97-03 BMW E39 525i 528i 540i PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS BLACK: eBay Motors (item 230475483705 end time May-20-10 21:59:00 PDT) for their '04 Alpine and were not able to align the new lights to the same elevation as the stock headlights. They "maxed out the adjustment about a foot lower than the center of the stock, more disbursed beam." Did you have this issue which may not be a significant problem. Thanks for any feedback.
robbyray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #10

IIRC my new DEPO lights came with a little plastic frame that needed to be removed, but it simply unhooked. It didn't need to be cut. A 10 second job. Otherwise they matched the original perfectly. Mine maxed out the adjustment a little before they got to the optimum height, but in my case they still adjusted higher than the originals. In my case I thought they were better focused that the originals, not worse. The height adjustment to a certain extent is controlled by the angle of the lower shelf molded into the front cap that they mount onto. Easy to shim if they don't adjust down enough, but not as easy to shim them to be higher, unless you want to enlarge the opening in the front cap.

If you adjust the E39 style headlights, you are supposed to turn both adjustment knobs the same amount, and the beam adjusts up and over at the same time. They are not designed to adjust only one knob in order to raise them only. From what I read online, many owners broke the plastic adjustment mechanism on the factory BMW headlights by turning only one knob.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Headlight shelf.JPG
Views:	277
Size:	379.8 KB
ID:	41845  
Old 07-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #11

Agree,...Very Nice.
Jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #12

Alpine Headlights

I ordered a set of these head light covers from ebay. They worked out well. Look brand new. Much cheaper than buying the entire fixture. You have to remove the entire fixture, pop off the old lens and snap in the new covers. I did have replace the turn signal bulbs from clear to orange. I'm happy!!!

97 00 BMW E39 5 Series Euro Smoked Corner Replacement Headlight Lenses w Frames | eBay
Nick Escamilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #13

Does anyone know if these headlights are the same ones used in the older Fleetwoods, such as my 2003 Pace Arrow? They look very similar.

Stano
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Having just removed the Gen Slide Fiberglass Cap because of an accident, I can verify that the lights remove very easily. The inner lower bolts were shimmed a little up with washers, to lower the beam.

My headlights are not my DRL on my coach. The lower driving lights are my DRL's, yours may be hooked up different. My headlights only come on when I turn them on using the switch, or when I flash them using the steering wheel I think. Once I have it back together, I will have to check which way it works for sure.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote