Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #1
hax

Frontend Alignment

We just got back from a short trip to Southern Arizona and the coach is pulling to the right. Does anyone know a great (good) alignment shop in Phoenix? Thanks Hax

2003 ALPINE 40FDTS
hax is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2009, 01:39 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Hax
Is it possible your right front brake is hanging up?

2002 Alpine Coach 34 FDDS
Wally & Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #3

I had the same problem. Went to the alignment shop in Yakima, Wa to make a appointment. The tech advised me to rotate my front tires left to right and right to left before I Made an appointment. I did it and it fixed the problem. Has something to do with radial tires
Old 10-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #4

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

Spectrac in Mesa, the best. Recommended to me by both Tom at Massey's Diesel and Spartan. I have had them work on my coach twice and very satisfied with price and quality of work.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytom View Post
I had the same problem. Went to the alignment shop in Yakima, Wa to make a appointment. The tech advised me to rotate my front tires left to right and right to left before I Made an appointment. I did it and it fixed the problem. Has something to do with radial tires
Yes. Looking at the wear pattern on our old front tires - it would have been good to do this at 2 to 2.5 years.

We got our front end aligned when we bought our new tires. It was a commercial tire (i.e. truck tire) place.

Audrey
Old 10-20-2009, 12:31 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytom View Post
HAX,
tinytom took the words right out of my mouth. He is telling you the way it is. Radial Belt's are laid much like shinges on your House roof, overlapping each other. Sometimes they shift inside the belt of the tire, causing what is known as a RADIAL PULL. Alignments are difficult even on a passenger car, much less a motorhome. Caster setting is what makes a vehicle pull to one side over the other, Camber just stands the tire straight up, and last the Toe-In points the tires in the right direction. The majority of Alignment shop's know the short cuts, and adjust as little as possible, all the while charging you the same price as a complete alignment, JMHO. My motorhome is 12 yrs old, just turned 40,000 miles, never had an alignment, and believe me I am not about to change it, no tire wear & smooth & staright.
Good luck, and be safe
David G.

justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote