Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2016, 03:14 PM   #1

Fuel Gage quit working

My fuel gauge has quit working, It stays on 3/4 full all the time now. Has anyone had this trouble on their Alpine? If so what was the fix?
Alpine Road Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2016, 05:47 PM   #2

Hi

That's awesome. How do you get such great mileage? I wish our Alpine would do that!

Seriously though I have not had that problem yet but many of the gages are warranted for life. If you can get it out and send to the manufacturer they might be able to fix it for you. Call first!

Geoff
Old 11-03-2016, 06:45 PM   #3

Three things: 1--could be the gauge cluster--cluster manufacturer might be able to help; 2--could be the sending unit in/on the side of the tank--faulty sending units has been an issue for Alpines over the years; 3--don't know if sender/cluster gauge circuit is a Vansco comm. link or not--might be worth a Vansco reset--cant hurt.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:53 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Does the gauge go through the normal start up cycle?
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:10 AM   #5

Fuel gauge

Yes it goes through the normal start up. I also tried a reset on the vansco system.
Alpine Road Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 11:15 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
If it is going through the normal cycle I would look for a problem with the wiring or the sender. I would try the sender first, by turning your wheels all the way to the left (it may be right, it was 2006 when I changed ours) you should be able to reach it, remove it and make sure it is working properly.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:34 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
To add to what DrDave MA said, when pulling the sending unit, be sure the fuel is at a half tank or less. This will avoid a fuel spill.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:25 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
My coach had that problem. Turned out to be a wire bit in two by a squirrel I think. Also bit the mirror turn signal and the 12v brake booster. Rascal. You can access the wires for the gauge through a hole in the frame on the drivers side.
Jeeper64060 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel