Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
Alpine Owners Club
Fuel, Yuma, and stuff

All - Ran into a Monaco owner when I was in Cummins at the Coburg, OR RV Service Center, and we got to talking about fuel discounts, etc. He told me about the Pilot/Flying J Plus Card. Based on your level of membership at Good Sam (which is free if you are a Presidents Club Member at Camping World), you can get this card, it's a charge card (not to be confused with a credit card), and the balance needs to be paid off each month, I will get a 6 cents a gallon discount using the card, which is off the cash price, which is 3 cents more than I get paying cash and using the RV Fueler Card. The fueler card is not a credit/charge card it's just a card issued to RV'ers to gain your loyalty. The charge card works at the pump card reader, you must have a pin. To apply go to this link, Pilot RV Plus - I have no connection with them, it's just we are all in the same boat, saving money is saving money. PFJ seems to be competitive with fuel prices and are located most everywhere we travel. If in AZ, make sure you use the RV lane to fuel in, the price is cheaper than the truck lane. Usually the RV lane is two or three lanes in the truck island.

If you are a Yuma, AZ part year resident and use any lots in the Foothills and on a public sewer system, it seems Far West Sewer District got a rate increase to the tune of around 60%. Our lot went from 21.25 monthly to 56 dollars and change. That seems excessive to me, so I think we are going to sell the lot, at least I am going to put a for sale sign on it once I get there. That company back charges you if it's less than 13 months since you had service.

Speaking of prices, many friends are reporting higher rates at many parks this season, considerably higher rates, so if you are on a tight budget, please call ahead before you just assume rates are not higher. With the government in a mess, and retirement checks in limbo for November, my travel plans might be severely curtailed this season, as will many. Hope they figure it out soon, I need to know how much my health insurance is going up to see if I can still afford to travel via RV, as some are reporting as much as a 30-50% increase in their premiums.

Winter came to the Pacific NW real early this year, we had a strong wind/rain event across WA & OR the last week of September, it was like the ones we get in November, and so far we have not broken completely out of the rain yet. This next week it's supposed to get back to close to normal temps and sun. Good thing, I am planning to hit the road late this next week, and I don't want rain or snow hampering my travels.

Hope to see you all someplace down the road, safe travels, if we don't connect up.
Monty & Janet - 2007 Alpine APEX 40 MDTS
S/N - 75715 - Retired - Master Certified RV Tech
Old Rv'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!