Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #1

Furnace Problem

We recently moved from Phoenix to Salt Lake City and used our furnace for the first time in a while. It worked fine the first night, but the next night we set the thermostat before we went to bed and the furnace never came on... believe me... it was cold enough! I checked the fuses and they were fine. I reset the furnace fuse and turned on the furnace (at the thermostat) and it came on for about 20 seconds, then died. I turned it off. A litle later I turned it on again and it seemed to work fine.

Could this be an aberration, or might I have a more serious problem?

gator67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
May have had air in the line and needed to purge. After 5 or so attempts to light, many lock out and need to be reset. I always run my stove burners for for a bit to purge as much of the gas line as possible.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator67 View Post
We recently moved from Phoenix to Salt Lake City and used our furnace for the first time in a while. It worked fine the first night, but the next night we set the thermostat before we went to bed and the furnace never came on... believe me... it was cold enough! I checked the fuses and they were fine. I reset the furnace fuse and turned on the furnace (at the thermostat) and it came on for about 20 seconds, then died. I turned it off. A litle later I turned it on again and it seemed to work fine.

Could this be an aberration, or might I have a more serious problem?
I too had this happen. Furnace working fine and the next morning nothing! Checked all fuses,thermostat, gas at the stove and fridge. Called a mobile RV repair and they said they would not be out until that evening. After 15-20 attempts at starting the furnace thru out the day it decided to work. I called the repair man and told him the furnace is now working and his reply was to clean and tighten every connection to the furnace and after standing on my head for awhile trying to figure out how to get into the furnace I am going to see if I can get my hands on a manual so as to have a clue of what to do. I have read other posts to this issue but haven't read about a fix. When mine acted up It would not attempt to start and you stated that yours had for 20 seconds. Hope to hear from others on the forum on a solution.
2003 34FDDS Alpine Banks 430hp #74869
Viola, Idaho 3rd Armored Cav & 3rd Infantry Division
tiredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #4

I found this manual on line.My problem might be the time delay relay.http://bryantrv.com//docs2/docs/subntnew.pdf
2003 34FDDS Alpine Banks 430hp #74869
Viola, Idaho 3rd Armored Cav & 3rd Infantry Division
tiredvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #5

Looking at the trouble shooting guide I think I may have a faulty temperature switch in the fan motor as mine will cycle on and off every few minutes.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #6

I recently had a similar problem. Trouble shot it for a couple of hours.

You may want to check the gauge on the propane tank. It is possible that the gauge in the coach is worthless and the stove-top pretends to work despite there not being enough propane in the tank to run the furnace.

I'm not say'n this happened. I'm just say'n that in theory it is possible that the tank could have ever-so-slightly less propane in it than you thought...
Old 05-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #7

Propane pressure can be significantly affected by cold temps.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerMike View Post
Propane pressure can be significantly affected by cold temps.
As it turns out, so can brain function...

Tags
furnace