Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #1

Fuse block needed

On my '01 Alpine 34FDDS I had one fuse on the 'accessory panel' fuse block cook itself to death. Now the high speed of the A/C fan does not work. The fuse block has a WR part number of 7651-62926-00 and a Bussman number of 30082-OC. It appears to be a sealed unit with 5 input/output plugs. I have been unsuccessful in obtaining a replacement. I have tried a Bussman distributor who could not find the number. Probably no longer made. I tried Aubreys and the local RV parts houses with no success. I checked RV salvage yards in Kentucky, Arizona and Missouri. Any help would be appreciated. Jim Perry.
jprepairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2014, 10:09 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Jim,

Many of the electrical items in an RV are similar to electrical items on boats. I suggest you go to westmarine.com and look for similar items, possibly made by Blue Sea Systems. West Marine has local stores in many US cities, especially if you're close to a coast or big lake.

Good luck,
Mike & Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:05 PM   #3

Jim-part a pic of the part you are seeking
Old 02-06-2014, 06:49 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
You could try one of the "parting out" sources that has Alpine Coaches.
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:31 AM   #5

Seems like the bigger question might be what caused the fuse block to "cook" itself. If you replace it it might cook itself again.

If you know the value of the fuses there should also be a work-around.

I have an 01. Are these fuses located in the toilet behind the removable panel, or in the battery compartment, or?
Old 02-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprepairs View Post
On my '01 Alpine 34FDDS I had one fuse on the 'accessory panel' fuse block cook itself to death. Now the high speed of the A/C fan does not work. The fuse block has a WR part number of 7651-62926-00 and a Bussman number of 30082-OC. It appears to be a sealed unit with 5 input/output plugs. I have been unsuccessful in obtaining a replacement. I have tried a Bussman distributor who could not find the number. Probably no longer made. I tried Aubreys and the local RV parts houses with no success. I checked RV salvage yards in Kentucky, Arizona and Missouri. Any help would be appreciated. Jim Perry.

This is a little odd. Most dash fans have a resistor block assembly that provides the various speeds for the fan. Usually, when it fails, the DEFAULT is high speed and that's the only speed that works. You may want to check it ... it's usually in the plenum that the fan assembly is mounted on.

Frequently looks similar to this:
Old 02-06-2014, 12:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
This is a little odd. Most dash fans have a resistor block assembly that provides the various speeds for the fan. Usually, when it fails, the DEFAULT is high speed and that's the only speed that works. You may want to check it ... it's usually in the plenum that the fan assembly is mounted on.

Frequently looks similar to this:
On the Alpine the first 3 speeds are controlled by the resistor block, the high speed is operated by a relay as the current is too high to go through the switch. So if high speed works but lower speeds do not it is a bad resistor block.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algoma View Post
On the Alpine the first 3 speeds are controlled by the resistor block, the high speed is operated by a relay as the current is too high to go through the switch. So if high speed works but lower speeds do not it is a bad resistor block.
So, if HIGH does not work, the relay circuit must be the culprit.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #9

Here is the offending fuse/relay "Vehicle Electrical Center" or VEC (these are on all Alpine Coaches from 97-2003):

Apparently the fuse socket was loose & allowing arcing. These VECs look mysterious but are really just a straight forward wiring method to incorporate fuses & relays in a space efficient package. There is no electronic wizardry or programming involved. So Jim can just cut out the circuit by clipping the associated I/O wiring, and install a new fan relay around the VEC circuit.
I made up a longer treatise on the issue which due to the photos is too large to post here, but I'll have it uploaded to the Alpine Tech Library. Here is the subject VEC Schematic showing the 25A fuse on the pin87 output of the fan relay, and showing you could wire the circuit around the VEC by adding a new relay w/separate +12v (pin30 on new relay) & ground for coil (pin85), and clipping VEC wires (see top of photo below) BLOWER-HI to connect to pin87 & BLOWER-RLY to connect to coil pin86:
Old 02-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #10

This fuse block is located on the passenger side, interior side of firewall.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:28 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rather than replace the entire block, Why not just bypass that socket with a good high quality in-line socket? That is how I'd do it.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:17 PM   #12

Found on Ebay

I ran across this on Ebay. It looks very very similiar, but you might want to contact them to make sure.

RV Bus Bussmann 12v Battery Fuse Panel Breaker Relay Box WRV Alpine ACC OEM

RV Bus Bussmann 12V Battery Fuse Panel Breaker Relay Box WRV Alpine Acc | eBay

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuse block.jpg
Views:	1835
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	56089
Old 02-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #13

I was able to follow EngineerMikes advise that he posted on Feb. 6th. The fan now works. Thanks for all the input.

Tags
fuse