Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #1

Fuse for Electric Step on mid-door

Does anyone know the location of the fuse for the electric power step for a 1999 mid door?? Also, the wire route it takes.
Thanks
Dave

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #2

Fuse for electric step on mid-door

Hi Dave,

I can share the following info on your Kwikee Step. We have a mid-door 2000 with the same step. There is a 5 amp fuse or circuit breaker from the power switch on wall by door. Also 5 amp fuse or circuit breaker from fuse block. Yellow wire to 4 way plug (under step). 25 amp fuse or circuit breaker, 10 guage red wire from battery to 4 way plug. Most likely problem is the door switch. Every time we have had a problem that's where it has been. The step wiring system is independent. There are no alarms - lights
to be connected. Hope this helps. We have had a lot of trouble with this step and have gotten a lot of help and info from Kwikee.

Jay and Jean Kurrle
2000 MDSS

Old 07-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #3

Thanks Jay

Jay
Thanks
I dont have an issue yet with the power to the step. The reason I was asking the question was Im planning on completely up grading the electrical (using marine grade TSGU wire)step system to a more water tight assembly. Thinking I would save sometime by asking where everything is. My step on the last outing decided not to retract. I found the gear rotation arm fractured to holding by and causing resistance tricking the unit to think its operation was over. So, I reseated the motor brushes after disassemble and cleaning, then pulled the rotation arm (broken) out to fabricate a steel unit removing and welding the ball joint assembly into the new rotation arm. Also, by packing the gear box 4 aluminum gear with grease it is now a whole lot more quieter.
So, any idea on that 5 amp fuse location or what fuse they tapped off of? This weekend I plan on finding it if it means coming to parade rest.
Heres the new stl arm.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040359.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	820  
Old 07-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #4

Hi Dave,

This is Jean responding for Jay as he is working on our coach at the moment. He says to take the door switch off and pull out the wires and you should find the fuse. Good luck!!!!

Jay and Jean Kurrle