Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Fuse location for Refrigerator 2009 Alpine

We own a 2009 36MDDS built Feb 08. The fuse in the main 12v line to the refrig blew and we cannot locate it. There is one fuse panel in the bathroom next to all the 110v breakers and another in the tank bay under the bathroom and refrig. Neither of these control the refrig. I have run a new line from the fuse panel in the tank bay as temporary measure but would like to know where the other fuses are at. Any thoughts?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
On my '08 Alpine there is a 20 amp fuse shown in the back of the battery compartment.
It shows it on the fuse info sticker thats on the rear jack housing in the battery compartment. I have not checked to verify that it's actually for the refrig but you should check the fuse block there.

JLMunsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:28 AM   #3

Although quite a bit older than yours, my rig lost the 12 volt fuse 2 years ago and I couldn't find the fuse-holder. Fortunately, Mark Harrah was able to point me in the right direction.
Seems WRV covered and hid the small, poor quality in-line glass AGC type fuse-holder when they put that split plastic wire cover over the line.
I carry spares and replaced the junk fuse-holder with a weatherproof ATM (blade) type fuse-holder and inserted a fuse. As the fuse and line are in the battery bay and subject to corrosion, I soldered the connections.

Presto, all was normal again.

Suggestion:
If you still can't find the fuse-holder, remove about a foot of the shielding covering the wires in the bay. The fuse-holder could very well be hidden in there like mine was. If you find more of the junk fuse-holders, I'd suggest you replace them before they cause problems.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:53 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks for the hint about the battery compartment, that is where Mike Harrah said to look also but it's not in there where I can see it. I've tried to trace the line back but seems to go behind the tanks were it would go up to the bathroom fuse panel. Any more ideas?
Old 05-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #5

Here is a good reason to go out and but your Wire Tracker right now. GB Industries model Wire Tracker GET4110T. Two piece battery operated electric tester, one part hooks to wire other part picks up tone sent thru wire. Helps find wire at other end in a bundle of wires etc. Can hook to wire at one end of coach and find other end of wire at other end of coach. Go to Home Depot and buy for $40. Worth the price.
Also hooks to tv, and Telephone and House plug.
KC
Old 05-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #6

Aside from looking inside the plastic sheathing and what Clonetrooper said, I'm fresh out of ideas or suggestions.
I guess Coaches 10 years older than yours were simpler (which is a good thing for me).

Try Engineer Mike.......he knows everything (tell him I said that).
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #7

If I had won the 280 million jackpot I would buy every MH owner one of these gizmos just for the asking. It will find your wire in a bunch of wires or at fuse/breaker.
There only about 1000 miles of wire in my 38' Discovery and 100 fuses and breakers.
My fridge breaker is under fridge.
KC
Old 05-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonetrooper View Post
Here is a good reason to go out and but your Wire Tracker right now. GB Industries model Wire Tracker GET4110T. Two piece battery operated electric tester, one part hooks to wire other part picks up tone sent thru wire. Helps find wire at other end in a bundle of wires etc. Can hook to wire at one end of coach and find other end of wire at other end of coach. Go to Home Depot and buy for $40. Worth the price.
Also hooks to tv, and Telephone and House plug.
KC
KC,

Are you sure of that number? Amazon has the GB Wire Tracker GET-4110K (a "K" instead of a "T") for less than half that price. Gardner Bender's website shows that number with a "K" as well.

Thanks for the advice. I took it. I decided to not wait for you to win the lottery.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:18 AM   #9

Further info...GET-4110T is on the transmitter part, GET-4110R is on the reciever part. Not sure what the # is for kit but must be K if that's what you found. My user manual is buried in all my MH manuals. K sounds right thought. Great little tool. Saves a lot of probing for wires with a pick type tester.
You're wasting your time waiting for me to win anything.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #10

Here is a link to the online manual for the Wire Tracker. Sometimes they are easier to find online than in the pile of manuals in the coach.

http://www.smarthome.com/manuals/90502.pdf
Old 05-04-2010, 06:15 PM   #11

Hey thats great Jim, this is the computer that goes in MH so I will always get it quick. Can't imagine doing electric work with out this tester. Didn't think about Amazon, will try when I get my next prize. Thanks.
KC