Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #1

Fuse locations

Hi: I have a '08 34 foot Alpine. The windshield was just replaced and when I next used it, during a rain storm, the wipers did not work. Also, the radio did not work. I assume it is a fuse BUT I can't find the fuse. I then realized I did not know where the fuses were for the head lights, tail lights or directional lights. The one place I have not yet looked is in the left storage slide (because it is pouring out). My manuals electric diagrams make no mention of these electric circuits and there is at least one 12 volt terminal board that is not located. I am at home and not stuck on the road but would like to make a few lasr trips before the snow arrives in the northeast.
Thanks;
Bob Townsend

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #2

RE Townsend,

You have a coach with the Vansco multiplexor. This multiplexor handles the circuit protection for many, many devices. Have you tried resetting the multiplexor by shutting off the main switches to the house and chassis? These switches are typically located in the battery compartment (chassis) and in the stepwell area (house). There are also many 12V blade fuses on the inside firewall in front of the passenger seat. The panel that covers these fuses is attached with velcro. Use something like a credit card to get behind the edge of the panel to begin pulling the velcro attachment loose.

Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #3

Bob- wipers are definitely on the vansco, so Dale's suggestion is spot on. Your battery switches are on the rear bulkhead, left side of battery compartment looking in. the chassis switch should be the one to turn off then back on to cycle the Vansco system and you'll see the LED panel on the rear module (forward bulkhead, right side of batt compartment and right behind the rear tire) go dark then all LEDs light up as a test when you turn power back on.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #4

Thanks for your input. My wind shield wipers are now working and I'm going out for the weekend. My owners manual has a very short paragraph that states I have Vensco. There is no additional info on the system. I went on the web and venasco has been purchased by Parker Hannifin. I emailed them for info on the system.
Do you have any info on the system such as what circuits go to what? Are the headlights controlled by the Vensco system? Aparently the radio, which still does not work must have an in line fuse. Something to work on later.
Bob
2008 Alpine -34' and 2002 Odyssey
Old 10-12-2010, 11:10 PM   #5

RE Townsend,

There are several Vansco documents available in the Alpine Coach Association web site Technical Information area (in the Chassis and Brake section):

Alpine Coach - Technical Information

Vansco Apex Input-Output Schematic.pdf
Vansco Owner's Manual.pdf
Vansco Schematic & Tech Info 4.29.09.pdf
VANSCO-Troubleshooting-7-08.pdf

I hope these are helpful. Hang in there with the various problems. Once a few key issues are resolved, I think you will really like your Alpine Coach.
Dale777 is offline   Reply With Quote