Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:46 PM   #15

Dave, much better pictures that mine!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2015, 08:14 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
Jim A, thank you for keeping me honest, both battery banks do need to be on and the ignition switch in either "on" or "accessory". You also need the parking brake engaged for the jacks to operate. On the other hand the slides will operate even with the ignition switch off. The HWH pump operates on the house battery bank. The pump draws a LOT of power so it is best to have the coach on shore power or the generator running so you do not draw down the battery bank too rapidly.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Dave, Bobbi and Fenway

DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:50 AM   #17

I really appreciate everyone's help. Y'all are really great folks. I had to drill the lock I couldn't even get the key in the slot. You know you brought up the point that if door is not tight you will get lots of wind noise going down the road. When we drove this couch home from Denver my wife mentioned that there was lots of road noise or wind noise on her side (passenger) down low an behind her. The door had lots of play in it when I worked on it. I hope that solves that issue. After lots of testing with the level system I decided the board has to be bad, I ordered a new one an it will be here today. We will see.
I oiled the slide an it still doesn't work right. Nothing appears wrong with mechanism it just won't go out all the way on bottom. It's not a big deal, the slide just doesn't level. I can go inside an push on bottom an it will move a couple inches. I'll keep messing with it.
The more I work on this thing the better I like it. When you slide the gen out it looks like it's it's built like a tank. The big frame sticking out gives me a little more peace of mind in the case of an accident. I've got another issue in the front it sounds like the windshield washer pump comes on every 30 seconds or so an runs for a few 10 seconds or so. It's really loud an only does it when key is on engine running or not. Thanks again for your help.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:44 PM   #18

Sure it is the windshield washer pump? There is a vacuum pump under the dash that provides the vacuum to control the valves for the heater/dash A/C system. It cycles on and off periodically. More if there is a leak in the system.

There is a good service manual for the HWH system in the ACA technical library. It has step by step diagnostic procedures to help pinpoint the problems with the system. It also has a good description of how the system works.

FYI, HWH will repair the control board for a fee, depending on what is wrong with it. Mine had a bad micro relay on it. It cost ~$100 for part and labor, and shipping. Maximum charge of ~$500, considerably lower than a new control board. Quick turn around of about a week. You might consider that with the old board, and then have a spare.

There is also a tread on here about building a switch box to bypass the HWH control box to control the jacks in the event of a control panel failure.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:15 PM   #19

When doing a reset of the vansco system make sure to disconnect or cover up the Solar panels when you turn off both of the battery banks. The Solar panels may not let the system do a complete reset.

2005 Alpine 40 FDQS
Thanks
Ralph
Old 07-31-2015, 11:09 PM   #20

Jim I think it is the vacuum pump. When I mentioned ordering control board I meant the little board where you operate the jacks. It came in today an it fixed my problems. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Tags
fuse