Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-29-2015, 03:41 PM   #1

Fuses

I recently purchased 06 alpine m-40d, I have found the 12 volt fuses in the breaker box next to bathroom door but there has to be more, I cant find them. Also passenger side bedroom slide does not extend all the way out. The top of slide seems to be out but the bottom is not by a couple inches at least, is there a easy adjustment. I've only had this coach about a week an still trying to find my way around. Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2015, 04:13 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Not sure what would cause your slide problem, but additional fuses are located in the battery compartment against the back wall (at least in 05's). However the Vansco system functions as fuse/circuit breaker for many other functions. There also is some separate fusing associated with the HWH system.

zinom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 04:25 PM   #3

Fuses

I'm not sure how the vansco system works. I assume your talking about the boxes under dash with the different lights. The fuses I'm looking for are for the leveling system.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:41 PM   #4

Do you have the HWH 625 system with the control box with the plexiglass cover? If so, there are quite a few fuses on the circuit board itself. I am not aware of any fuses outside of the box that affect the HWH system.

The Vansco is a multiplexing system, reducing the number of wires running through the chassis. The system acts as a fuse/circuit breaker for most of the chassis system, such as the running lights, brake lights, etc. If you turn off the power to the coach using the chassis battery disconnect, likely in the compartment with the batteries, and the house disconnect switch, in the entryway, for a few seconds, the system will reset.

Zinom is correct, there are more fuses in the battery compartment back wall. There is likely a cover on it, held on with wing nuts. Mine has a diagram identifying the fuses.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:39 PM   #5

So the fuses on the circuit board are not the typical blade type fuses that burn, but a fuse that is reset like a breaker ?
Old 07-29-2015, 08:01 PM   #6

The fuses on the HWH control panel circuit board are micro blade automotive type fuses. These can burn out and are replaceable.

The Vansco system acts as a resettable circuit breaker.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:32 PM   #7

Where is the HWH control board ?
Old 07-29-2015, 09:52 PM   #8

On my '04 it is in a small compartment just in front of the mid-door. That is where the control panel is located, along with the hydraulic pump, manifold, and the solenoid valves for the slides and the jacks. (Not a good picture, but it is the only one I have available.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH Control Box.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	450.3 KB
ID:	101551  
Old 07-29-2015, 10:43 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Fuses

Hfg59, fuses (on the control board or anywhere else) will not cause your bedroom slide to not extend all the way (a fuse could cause it to not extend at all). If the slide does not extend all the way at the bottom (but does at the top) it is an adjustment. If the slide does not move AT ALL, that could be a fuse.

In 2006 WRV manufactured several models. The model numbers are descriptive of what the coach looked like:

MD = Mid Door
FD = Front Door

TS = Triple Slide
QS = Quad Slide

I suspect you have a 40MDTS (40' Mid Door, Triple Slide). There is also another modifier:

SE = Special Edition
Apex= Apex (easiest way to determine if you have this model, do you have slides in the basement compartments, or does it say "APEX" on the back of the coach).

Which ever model you have, the bedroom slide on the passenger's side is a combination of hydraulic and mechanical. There is a "scissor" assembly inside the coach that is actuated by 2 hydraulic cylinders, one on each side of the slide. I would look to see what is binding the lower portion of the slide, either something stuck in the mechanism (a piece of the carpet, a shoe, etc) inside the coach or a seal outside, and/or lubricate the slide mechanism (Camping World has slide lube for the seals). Retract the slide completely, go into the bedroom and look for a problem with the scissor assemblies. Then extend the slide as far as you can without straining the pump (it will be harder to see the scissor assemblies but it can be done, you might need a mirror). If you do not find something jamming the slide, lubricate the slide mechanism (outside on the bottom side of the slide) and the seals.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Dave, Bobbi and Fenway
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 08:21 AM   #10

Fuses

I appreciate the info. Yes I realize the slide is not a fuse problem. I will try what you suggest on trouble shooting it, I have not really ckecked it out yet. The fuse set up on this MH is so diff than any other MH I've owned it's been a challenge. I was just not familiar with the vansco system. I get no response out of the leveling board when I try to use it. I removed the control board an it was not even plugged in. Plugged it in an the light that says travel mode or somthing like that is the only thing one that lights up. No other functions react. I had a feeling the small compartment door was where I needed to but believe it or not I can't get in it. Not sure if I have the right key or the lock is messed up. Didn't want to drill it out if I didn't need in there right away, it was lower down the list. It's on top now. It was advertised as m40d, have not came across build sheet or anything else to confirm model, it is front door not mid with four slides. It's the first alpine I've ever messed with. It's really diff in many ways. I kinda like the way it's built. I've owned Monaco's , Holiday Rambler's, Tiffins, Fleetwood, Winnebago. The alpine is a diff dog but I'll stumble thru it. The forum had been a big help. Thank you very much.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:57 AM   #11

The key should be the same one as the rest of the compartments. At least it is on mine. I need to push in a little bit on mine to get it to turn.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:55 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Fuses

The travel mode light MUST be lit (green) or you will get an alarm if you try to drive the coach, it indicates all 4 jacks are in the up position. With an Alpine you need to get used to NOT thinking about fuses, Vansco does most everything and the super secret key to Vansco, when in doubt reboot the boxes (turn off the battery cutoff switches for about 10 seconds then back on). By the way, the HWH leveling system works off the HOUSE batteries, so the cutoff switch in the stairwell MUST be on for it to operate. The key for the HWH compartment is the same one you use for the basement doors, sometimes the latch sticks so try pushing on the door while you turn the key, WRV cut a slot for the latch and it IS supposed to keep the compartment door tight, otherwise there would be a lot of wind noise going down the road, just wiggle the key and the door while turning the key. If that fails, Before you drill out the lock, go to your neighborhood RV service provider, we like to think our compartment locks are so secure, but in reality there are only 2 or 3 keys that fit almost all manufacturers they will most probably have one for you (mine is a CH751)!

From what you say you have a 2006, 40' FDQS. Go to the top of the Alpine Forum, there are 4 or 5 "sticky" messages there, the last one tells all about the Tech Library, many thanks go to Engineer Mike for assembling it after WRV folded. If you click on the library link you will find a LOT of info including brochures on the coaches, you can open the 2006 one and see what they were advertising, including floor plans for all the models. You should also look inside the kitchen cabinet doors, WRV placed an information placard there.

Yes you will find Alpines are different, I think WRV had the right ideas, they were just not great at financial responsibility.

Dave, Bobbi and Fenway
Old 07-30-2015, 03:24 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Fuses

I have attached a couple of photos that might help you.

First is the data sticker inside my kitchen cabinet, you can see the VIN and load information. Yours should be located there also. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1438287233.803301.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	101612

Next is a picture of where my HWH compartment is located, just behind the front, passenger side tire, yours should be there also.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1438287421.215091.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	101613

The third is of the compartment, you can see the slot cut by WRV for the lock blade at the bottom of the compartment, wiggle the key and the door to get it open.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1438287603.740594.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	101614.

Once you get the HWH completely working if you need to adjust the coach "level" there are 2 adjustments on the lower right side of the control box, you will need a Phillips screw driver and a small wrench (I forget the size, I am thinking maybe a 7/16???). Level the coach then adjust the small circuit board inside the control box with the side screws until the leds on that board are out.

One of the common problems is broken wires on the slide out drawer next to the drivers seat, WRV had a problem with getting the right length of wire. My ground wire broke off, I had to solder an extension to fix it. If you have all but 1 or 2 functions on the panel working check for broken wires on the connector. Jerry Davis has done a great modification that removes the drawer (see the "Quick tips $ easy mods" sticky above). The only disadvantage to his mod is that you loose you coffee holder, but you gain about 2" of foot room!

Dave, Bobbi and Fenway
Old 07-30-2015, 06:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDaveMA View Post
By the way, the HWH leveling system works off the HOUSE batteries, so the cutoff switch in the stairwell MUST be on for it to operate.
Actually you need both the house batteries AND the chassis batteries to operate the HWH jack system. The control panel for the jacks needs the key to be in the "accessory" position or the "on" position. So that part needs the chassis batteries. The HWH control box and the pump runs off of the house batteries. The slides will operate with just the house batteries, since they do not need the key and the jack control panel.

As stated, the house cutoff switch MUST be on for the slides to operate. Both cutoff switches must be on for the jacks to operate.

But as you stated, your slide position problem is not related to that.

Tags
fuse